PDA

View Full Version : Problems in saving previews

merovingio
01-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I am having troubles in saving the preview in Layout. For a specific reason i need to save the "textured Shaded Solid" preview as an image sequence, but i cannot. In the Preview Options panel i see lot of parameter, but they not change at all. I perform changes, but when i open the panel again they return to their default state. Also the Make Preview Save options seems to work only for VPR.

I was able to save a non compressed avi, but when i playback it it looks weird, with wrong colors and such.

So it seems i am able to see my preview but i am not able to save it properly. What am i doing wrong?

prometheus
01-17-2014, 05:58 PM
I had this issue too, not sure if it was an lightwave 10 issue, it can also be that you can only save out preview animations of the open gl preview in 32 bit ..not 64 bit, so what lw version do you use and what bit version?

Avoid avi, best is to use quicktime animation, or quicktime h264...quicktime animation is the best in quality and color, h264 gives a bleeched color or sort of gamma bleech, qucktime animation is quite large in size though mostly.

Michael

merovingio
01-18-2014, 02:49 PM
I work with the 64 bit version. Ill' try the 32 bit.

But, can you confirm it is possibile to save the preview? I don't mean the VPR, but the opengl.

prometheus
01-18-2014, 03:41 PM
I work with the 64 bit version. Ill' try the 32 bit.

But, can you confirm it is possibile to save the preview? I don't mean the VPR, but the opengl.

Yes works in windows7 lw 32 bit, lightwave 11.6 build (2706) havenīt installed final release.
But...for vpr it is enough to set codec and check save animation and set filname and folder, then it will save out automaticly to the file, you
canīt do the same for openGL preview, you have to make the preview, close the player, then go down to the preview tab and save the preview, and it will take some seconds to save the file and
you will see the process bar showing up too for the compression etc.

you can also change codec without having to remake the preview, just go to options and change codec,but always close that after choosen codec and then save preview.
I dinīt get avi RLE to work, but other codecs for avis, and lover compression can make it small sizes, quicktime can generate higher quality and large files in size, but it all depends on what you set in the
compression quality, so always lower it to the middle for a starter, and for openGL that might be enough.

I have a hickup in printscreen right now, some window blocking me from printing the video and the lightwave ui, so I canīt show you.
so keep in mind that the checkbox save animation i the preview options dialog is only for VPR and can be unchecked since it doesnīt do anything for saving openGL preview..for that go the preview drop down and choose
save preview.

this wasnīt saved by a screen recorder but by the openGL save preview, a long time ago, but I can confirm it works in later lightwave versions too. 32 bit...

http://vimeo.com/26327972

Michael

merovingio
01-19-2014, 02:19 AM
After some tests i can confirm the export problem is 64 bit related. I am able to export using more complex settings with the 32 bit.
So Lightwave 11.61, 32 bit version can export, while 64 bit can't. In my opinion Newtek should improve the export possibilities for OpenGL preview.

Thank you Michael

prometheus
01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
After some tests i can confirm the export problem is 64 bit related. I am able to export using more complex settings with the 32 bit.
So Lightwave 11.61, 32 bit version can export, while 64 bit can't. In my opinion Newtek should improve the export possibilities for OpenGL preview.

Thank you Michael

the 64 bit issue is apple quicktime to blame, they do not provide support for that, so the Lightwave group canīt do much about that.

Michael