PDA

View Full Version : Many bugs in Lightwave installed on Windows 7 Pro Swedish version... Crash Report!

jaxtone
01-17-2014, 07:47 AM
I constantly get error reports as soon as I try to do things I have used to do for decades. For example when I try to create four point polys the crash report window appears but I donīt know to who I am supposed to send this.

About three years ago I adressed this form to [email protected] but nothing at all happend. Is there another adress to use or what am I supposed to do?

djwaterman
01-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Good question, I always wondered myself.

jaxtone
01-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Hahaha... glad I am not the only one!

spherical
01-17-2014, 04:15 PM
What does the Windows Event Log show when the crash happens?

prometheus
01-18-2014, 05:51 AM
I actually havenīt used it:) I should for the sake of us all maybe.

Strange that such information about the send to mail-adress isnīt provided in this thread...
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?73226-Bug-Report-and-Feature-Request-System-Instructions

must be a bug, you should report it:)

Michael

prometheus
01-18-2014, 05:54 AM
o well...
Here are the new email addresses and the web form link (add (at) newtek (dot) com to complete the address):

Bugs:.........................LW-Bugs

Feature requests:........LW-Features

Technical Support:......LW-Support

it is written that way to avoid spam mails...thus you have to do the math yourself:)

jaxtone
01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Michael!

I went in to Fogbugz website a while ago but where surprised that the support for Lightwave is a pay service.

I felt a little bit confused and wonder how come this isnīt mentioned when purchasing Lightwave?

I actually havenīt used it:) I should for the sake of us all maybe.

Strange that such information about the send to mail-adress isnīt provided in this thread...
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?73226-Bug-Report-and-Feature-Request-System-Instructions

must be a bug, you should report it:)

Michael

jaxtone
01-18-2014, 03:12 PM
I actually donīt know... do you think its possible to check back in time and in that case where do I look?

What does the Windows Event Log show when the crash happens?

Cageman
01-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Michael!

I went in to Fogbugz website a while ago but where surprised that the support for Lightwave is a pay service.

Uh?

Fogbugz is a bug/feature request system. It doesn't have anything to do with Support... anyone should be able to post a bug/feature request in Fogbugz, no charges.

If you need support, as in calling LW3DG for advice in solving a problem, I do not know the current status of that service, since I've never used it.