PDA

View Full Version : How to change 'base' morph and have all morphs update?

Algae998
01-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Hey all,

I have a character Im working on and have a number of facial morphs already created. Now, I realize there is an issue with the character's boot design (didnt catch this before I started the morphs..doh!). How can I change my base morph, and have my other facial morphs update accordingly? Ive made the changes to the base, but switching between morphs is very noticeable on the boot.
Is there a way to correct this..or am I doomed to redo all my morphs again?

Thanks in advance!

lertola2
01-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I don't quite understand your problem. Your facial morphs are affecting your character's boots? If your morphs are affecting your boots and you do not want them to then you can select the points on the boots and clear the morph from them. (shift minus key).

Algae998
01-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Yes, the character is one solid, continuous model. I created a number of facial morphs in Zbrush, selected just the head in LW and used 'background to morph' for each individual morph object, so the character now has 20-something working morphs. However, now I need to change the design of the boots. I made the change to the 'base' morph, but it is only applied to the base and to none of the facial morphs.

I have tried exporting/importing the boot-change model as an object, placing it in a separate layer, selecting the area of the boots that have been altered, and using background to morph in an attempt to add just the boot alterations to my preexisting morphs..it adds the boot change but destroys the facial morph (probably because the 'base' morph with the boot changes is a neutral face and being blended with the actual facial morphs).

Confusing..I hope I am explaining this thoroughly enough.

lertola2
01-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I am still not quite getting it. Are the boots supposed to change in each morph? If the boot does not have to change with each morph then you should be fine just to make the changes. If you add new geometry that needs to participate in the morphs then those new points you create need to be fixed in each morph.

You know you can display the morph and then goz it to zbrush. When you goz back from zbrush the morph should update without affecting your other morphs or the base.

valu
01-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Select the boot in each morph target at hat have this changes and press shift - or clear morph
It will erase the changes on the boots and wil keep the unselected parts untouched.

Hope it helps !

Algae998
01-16-2014, 08:50 PM
I am still not quite getting it. Are the boots supposed to change in each morph? If the boot does not have to change with each morph then you should be fine just to make the changes. If you add new geometry that needs to participate in the morphs then those new points you create need to be fixed in each morph.

You know you can display the morph and then goz it to zbrush. When you goz back from zbrush the morph should update without affecting your other morphs or the base.

Select the boot in each morph target at hat have this changes and press shift - or clear morph
It will erase the changes on the boots and wil keep the unselected parts untouched.

Hope it helps !

Excellent! Thank you for the help, the 'clear map' function worked perfectly. I was thinking to "add" to a morph but forgot that a morph is essentially a posed snapshot, so removing a section of the morph will show the base morph. This certainly saved me a lot of work. I noticed the character's belt also needed adjusting in the morphs and this worked perfectly; I made my desired changes on the base, then, with those areas selected, I went one by one through my morphs, clearing the map of the selected areas to update to the new changes. Im happy! Thanks.

valu
01-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Great news \o/
When you can, share this work with us.
Was a pleasure to help you.
Bests