PDA

View Full Version : almost affraid to show, but what the heck...

Demon
03-04-2003, 07:35 PM
well i just saw all those amazing good stuff here... Lt. Uhura, and the head of "the ripper" which is just amazing. i am almost too ashamed to show my pic now... well its just so hmm insignificant :rolleyes: . but what the heck.. tell me pls what ya think

http://www.universe-3d.com/Gallery/normal/dusche4.jpg

Sam_Horton
03-04-2003, 08:18 PM
man I hope I NEVER have to take a shower in that place!

Neural Riptide
03-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Damn! Nice textures!

I think it looks great! definitely worth posting! :)

The only crit I would have is that the drip looks a bit odd. That and it may be difficult for some to figure out what type of liquid it is. :)

Great work though!

oxyg3n
03-05-2003, 01:52 AM
I like the textures too and also the dof you used.

That drip is bothering me though, it looks like it is white paint, or ....well I am not saying!! Have you ever seen There's Something About Mary??

LW_Will
03-05-2003, 02:25 AM
Actually, I think that is from the water flowing through the system... sediment or calcium...

Do not be afraid of showing your stuff, Demon... it is quite good! Actually extraordinary good...

How about your secrets? Techniques, wireframes and maps please! :D

Demon
03-05-2003, 03:48 AM
well thx a lot guys...wouldnt have guessed u would like that that much :)

oxyg3n: well i know that movie and i know what u mean, but how the hell should that come over there?? lol

sam horton: well that shower is not in use anymore...

neural raptide: well i was thinking about the water how it may look. but ur right. its a bit too white...allthough there is some carbonat and calcium in it.

LW_Will: ok here is post of the wireframe. well its really nothing special. i just used standart lightning. 2 lightsources: one point light and one arealight for the soft shadow. textures from the wall is a real photograph and the shower just lightwave procedural textures. thats all

here the wire frame:

http://www.universe-3d.com/Gallery/normal/dusche4mesh.jpg

DaBo
03-05-2003, 04:41 AM
Demon! I've told U, Never show a picture of my shower ANYWHERE! Man...Why? :D

Looks very cool!

How about a full scene shoot?

Cya.

Trinity
03-05-2003, 10:38 AM
I think you're a bit harsh on yourself It looks excellent. Show us more stuff.

mattclary
03-05-2003, 11:17 AM
You sure you just weren't fishing for compliments? :) Sorta like the hot chick who goes around saying, "I'm sooo fat"...

Demon
03-05-2003, 11:46 AM
well as honest as i can be mattclary, i was not thinking that this pic would get that great feedback. and no, i am not fishing for compliments. i really just thought its not good enuff to show after i`ve seen all the other great stuff here :rolleyes: but well i deffenetly will show more stuff then ;)

thx for the encouragements tho