PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the character/rig before retargeting - question

snsmoore
01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Ok, need to do a sanity check here. When I create the Nevron rig and adjust it to fit the motion capture skeleton, I usually click the green controls on the left side of the characters to adjust the arms or legs(i.e. ControlRig_LeftUpLeg_IK_Plane) . I recently noticed that I can't adjust the right hand side controls prior to retargeting (ControlRig_RightUpLeg_IK_Plane). It's not a big deal, but I'd like to know that this correct behavior, right?

-shawn

Ryan Roye
01-15-2014, 06:14 AM
Ok, need to do a sanity check here. When I create the Nevron rig and adjust it to fit the motion capture skeleton, I usually click the green controls on the left side of the characters to adjust the arms or legs(i.e. ControlRig_LeftUpLeg_IK_Plane) . I recently noticed that I can't adjust the right hand side controls prior to retargeting (ControlRig_RightUpLeg_IK_Plane). It's not a big deal, but I'd like to know that this correct behavior, right?

-shawn

The left side is the editable side for me as well and always has been, and the right side "mirrors" that. If for some strange reason you don't want this mirrored behavior, simply visit motion options and remove the position constraints (under controllers and limits).

They probably could have colored the "mirrored" nulls grey or something to let people know visually that they aren't meant to be directly edited unless the behavior is changed manually.

snsmoore
01-15-2014, 03:18 PM
The left side is the editable side for me as well and always has been, and the right side "mirrors" that. If for some strange reason you don't want this mirrored behavior, simply visit motion options and remove the position constraints (under controllers and limits).

They probably could have colored the "mirrored" nulls grey or something to let people know visually that they aren't meant to be directly edited unless the behavior is changed manually.

Ok, good. Then my rig is behaving as it should. Thanks!