PDA

View Full Version : zbrush blendshapes to endomorphs?

stylus10
01-11-2014, 03:41 PM
can you do that? does it come over all of a piece or do you have to export each one. how is this best done?

hrgiger
01-12-2014, 02:15 PM
If you just want to create your endomoprhs in Zbrush, you don't really need to use Zbrush morphs at all. I have a video on it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZb3RPH6NFA

villacis23
01-20-2014, 11:45 PM
yes you can. i would also recommend creating them in layers. far more control and you can go back to your original. also if you choose to create them manually rather then pressing goz. just go to map / bkg to morph. with the new morph in the background. the only problem with goz is that every time you press it. a file gets saved inside a lw folder. and it keep adding up specially if you have texture maps with it. good luck!>

Algae998
01-21-2014, 06:29 PM
I dont use GoZ, still on 9.6, but I use ZB for creating morphs frequently. Like villacis23 said, use layers, this way you can use the value slider to increase or decrease the effect of the morph (in ZB) to get the look you want. Once you have all you morph shapes created in ZB, export each one individually by making that particular layer visible and then hitting export (.obj).
In LW, load your main model, then all of your morph shape objects. To make things go faster, I select the area the morph is taking place. For example, for facial morphs, I select the entire head on my main model, place your morph shape object in a background layer, then use Map > Morph > Bkg to morph. Do this for every morph shape/object and you should be good.
Hope that helps!

Mercuryrex
02-23-2014, 04:51 AM
If you just want to create your endomoprhs in Zbrush, you don't really need to use Zbrush morphs at all. I have a video on it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZb3RPH6NFA

Thanks for the tutorial.
However I tried to follow your tutorial with Lightwave 6 and as soon as I send the object back into Lightwave from ZBrush there are no longer any morphs in the object.
Is there something important which I'm missing?