PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems

dch
11-18-2003, 02:04 AM
I am converting a 10 second compressed avi file to quicktime. The import file, the project, and the export file are all set for the same frame rate (29.97).

The clip plays perfectly once it is imported into Aura2.5 but when I export the file and play it in the quicktime player the sound is the right pitch but it sounds chopped up and the dialog finishes 2/3 of the way through the visuals.

I have fooled with the quicktime settings to no avail. I'm stumped can anyone help?

David Hunt

SBowie
11-18-2003, 06:51 AM
Tried a different QT codec? It kind of sounds like some sort of keyframe issue on the codec side, so I'm wondering if you went to uncompressed QT, for example, if it would disappear?

dch
11-18-2003, 01:24 PM
I'm trying to compress the files to make them available on my web site, so the uncompressed option is not workable in this situation.

I must admit that I am not familiar with any of the codecs that come up in the quicktime settings window of Aura. Nor am I familiar with what to do with the keyframes values or whether or not I should limit the data rate.

David Hunt

RomainR
11-18-2003, 02:06 PM
here is a way to work around this anoyance. You need quicktime pro for it to work. You'll need to have a wav file of the sound of the video.

Encode your video with Aura without the sound.
Open the resulting mov file in a quicktime player.

now in another quicktime player open the wav file.
Go to edit and choose select all.
Go to edit and choose copy.

Now in the player window containing the video.

Make sure that the cursor is at the beginning.
go to edit and choose select all.
go to edit and choose add.

You can now save the file.

That's how I got around this inconvenience caused by Aura.

Hope this helps out a bit.

SBowie
11-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by dch
I'm trying to compress the files to make them available on my web site, so the uncompressed option is not workable in this situation.
Yeah, I figured that David - I should have been more specific. My thought was that once you had it in an uncompressed Quicktime format you might have more success doing the conversion to a compressed format *outside Aura*, i.e., using numerous other Quicktime tools that you might have at hand. so uncompressed would be just an interim format.

That said, it doesn't seem to work that way either. I'll be looking into this further... in the meantime, listen to Romaine ;)

dch
11-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks Guys,

I bit the bullet and bought QT pro. and it performed the merge of the video and audio as RomainR said and in the blink of an eye I have perfectly synchronized audio.

David

SBowie
11-21-2003, 10:59 AM
That's good to know, but really there shouldn't have been a problem - I've passed it onto the developers of Mirage, and NewTek will likely pick it up from here.