PDA

View Full Version : Adobe terminating flash updates for mobile devices

edmellnik
01-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Since Adobe has said they are not offering any further work on Flash for mobile devices, I wonder how that will effect
those of us who are streaming flash on our tricasters.
One way is of course to stay inside the systems like Ustream who offer streams for mobile devices automatically.

ANy thoughts?

Ed

Koinonia
01-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Since Adobe has said they are not offering any further work on Flash for mobile devices, I wonder how that will effect
those of us who are streaming flash on our tricasters.
One way is of course to stay inside the systems like Ustream who offer streams for mobile devices automatically.

ANy thoughts?

Ed

Hi Ed,

I believe all CDNs support iOS and Android devices, receiving streaming from Flash (Tricaster). I am using Wowza with Amazon EC2 who also support iOS and Android with Flash.

edmellnik
01-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi Ed,

I believe all CDNs support iOS and Android devices, receiving streaming from Flash (Tricaster). I am using Wowza with Amazon EC2 who also support iOS and Android with Flash.

Ya, but if Adobe no longer does updates for mobile devices then everyone using Flash on those devices is going to be out of luck.
Ed

Koinonia
01-12-2014, 07:06 AM
You are right: mobile devices don't support flash anymore, but all CDNs convert in real time flash streaming to HTML5 that is compatible with iOS and Android and Flash is compatible with almost 98% of desktops, laptops, Windows, OSX and Linux.
If you use a CDN with streaming based in a webpage or plugin like Ustream, Livestream, JustinTV, etc Tricaster support them, and if you use a dedicated streaming server based in Flash (like wowza) Tricaster supports it too.
So the asnwer is: if you have Tricaster you don't need to be worried! (-: