PDA

View Full Version : Major LW11.6.1 bug (Surface presets library won't load..at all)

Kuzey
01-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Just came across this...presets won't load, but if you save a surface from the surface editor then they do, but only for that session ONLY.

If you restart LW then it won't load again....Major Grrrrrrrrrrr!

See video :)

Ma3rk
01-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Is it possibly just a video refresh issue?

At one point, your presented with an empty panel yet as you drag towards the bottom you suddenly have items. Similarly to moving back to the top.

Kuzey
01-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Is it possibly just a video refresh issue?

At one point, your presented with an empty panel yet as you drag towards the bottom you suddenly have items. Similarly to moving back to the top.

To be honest..it could be more than one issue here, at the start the drop down menu would not work.

I'm guessing it has to do with Apple's sandbox requirements, because as soon as I save a preset it works but stops if I restart LW.

Cageman
01-06-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't see this under Windows.

My suggestion is that you fog this asap, with a link to this thread and video.

CaptainMarlowe
01-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Not reproductible here. Preset shelf works correctly for me.

iMac I7 late 2012, Mavericks (10.9.1), Latest build (2727).

It's very unpleasant, because there are so many bugs in LW mac, that are not even common on all platforms : my main issue, right now, is that I have to click the "special" menu once at each session to activate opaque utility windows and command mimic for control. Which I didn't have to do in previous versions...

Kuzey
01-07-2014, 04:18 AM
That's interesting, I'm on Lion...but yeah, the Mac version needs a ton of work!

Kuzey
01-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Not reproductible here. Preset shelf works correctly for me.

iMac I7 late 2012, Mavericks (10.9.1), Latest build (2727).

It's very unpleasant, because there are so many bugs in LW mac, that are not even common on all platforms : my main issue, right now, is that I have to click the "special" menu once at each session to activate opaque utility windows and command mimic for control. Which I didn't have to do in previous versions...

Just checked again, if the surface editor is open the preset shelf works...did you have the surface editor open by any chance?

CaptainMarlowe
01-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Yes, I did. You're right, with no windows open, it doesn't work.

Kuzey
01-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the confirmation..I fog bugzed it along with a new bug I found :P

Kuzey
01-08-2014, 06:08 AM
I got a response from Deuce saying it's by design not a bug, because the preset shelf can load several items not just surfaces and hence needs the surface editor to be open.

Surely..there must be a better way to do this?

dsol
01-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Maybe they should dock the presets editor to the Surface panel? Either that or redesign the presets window to make it more explicit which type of presets it's targeting (and make it open up the surface editor when you open up surface presets)

Kuzey
01-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Yeah..it makes sense to have them connected somehow..Mmmm :)

lardbros
01-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Or how about mimicking the the way Modo's preset shelf works??

That's the way LightWave's presets SHOULD be! It's VERY nicely designed indeed... and all the presets are VERY well organised. I don't think the LightWave surface ones have been updated for 10 years, or probably longer come to think of it.

Skonk
01-10-2014, 09:04 AM
I got a response from Deuce saying it's by design not a bug, because the preset shelf can load several items not just surfaces and hence needs the surface editor to be open.

Surely..there must be a better way to do this?

This is indeed how it has always worked.

If you have no panels open then you get a blank presets window, because how does it know which of the many types of presets you are wanting to see?

Open the surface panel and u get surface presets, open the Skytracer 2 panel and you get skytracer 2 presets etc. seems like a perfectly good way of doing it to me.

Kuzey
01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
This is indeed how it has always worked.

If you have no panels open then you get a blank presets window, because how does it know which of the many types of presets you are wanting to see?

Open the surface panel and u get surface presets, open the Skytracer 2 panel and you get skytracer 2 presets etc. seems like a perfectly good way of doing it to me.

Yes, but the problem with that is, if you close the surface editor after opening the presets...the surface presets still remain active..defeating the purpose of said workflow :)