PDA

View Full Version : Python and Visual Studio

stevecullum
01-04-2014, 07:50 AM
I've decided to take some baby steps into the world of Python scripting, but I'm stuck at the first hurdle - Doh!!

I've installed the PVTS 2.0 for visual studio and would like to get the intellisense working with the lwsdk. When I type 'import' into the editing window, it comes up with a list of available libraries, but lwsdk isn't one of them. Does anyone know how I can get it included in the list?

Thanks

BigHache
01-06-2014, 05:52 AM
I imagine you're seeing the Python libraries. What you MAY be able to do is get help on lwsdk, save the log in the python libraries folder, and go from there. One hurdle I see with that is there is a pcore library as well that has methods lwsdk does not, but everything is called through lwsdk. Not sure how that's going to work outside LW.

stevecullum
01-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Ok thanks I'll give that a try. I wouldn't expect to see it work outside of LW, like pressing F5 from within VS and seeing something. But I would have thought it possible to see the methods if the library I'm importing. Perhaps not though, still very green to coding outside of a SQL Server environment.

BigHache
01-06-2014, 11:01 AM
There was a change made around v11.5, where previously lwsdk.pyc and pcore.pyc used to exist as separate files that lived in the bin folder. Now they're lopped in with a DLL or some other obscure place out of the realm of vision. I'm sure it had something to do with adding functionality/integration. With each release I wind up getting help on both of those files anyway and saving them out for reference. Speaking of, I need to update the LWPy wiki...