PDA

View Full Version : new ATI driver release...Not good?

Ade
11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000565.html

wapangy
11-17-2003, 10:02 PM
They have updated versions up now that don't have any install problems, I tried it.

And before anybody asks, no it does not fix any bugs in lightwave that I can tell.

Ade
11-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Whats it good for then? Open GL speed?

wapangy
11-18-2003, 06:27 AM
I think its just for the ATI Displays software which lets you control s-video out and things like that, apparently the old version did not work in Panther.

Scott Gammans
11-18-2003, 06:50 AM
So in other words, unless you're using your Macintosh for driving a home theater display (and why on earth would you use lowly S-Video for home theater?!) there's no reason to upgrade your driver if it's already working for you in Panther?

mlinde
11-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Scott Gammans
So in other words, unless you're using your Macintosh for driving a home theater display (and why on earth would you use lowly S-Video for home theater?!) there's no reason to upgrade your driver if it's already working for you in Panther?

Here's my thought:
there's no reason to upgrade your driver if it's already working for you in Panther

Wait, let me say that again, just in case:
there's no reason to upgrade your driver if it's already working for you in Panther

One more time, for you folks who upgrade rampantly:

Boo!
11-18-2003, 10:59 AM
...ha-ha...oh...HA-HA!!!...
sorry...ha-ha!:D :D :D :D

Scott Gammans
11-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by mlinde
Here's my thought:

Wait, let me say that again, just in case:

One more time, for you folks who upgrade rampantly:
there's no reason to upgrade your driver if it's already working for you in Panther Ha ha. Isn't that essentially what I just said? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Wait, let me say that again, just in case: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:p