PDA

View Full Version : Who rules the Tru 3D light space?

UEI
11-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Before I started Lightwave, I've been a Brycer, as well as a Truspacer. I was ok, preaty good. But one thing alwayz seemed to bug me about Truspace which eventually I started searching around for more/ better modelers, is how you put together models, and how minipulating nurbs (if I'm correct(dots)) would have to be so precise that if you mess up, your entier model is boogee. Forget about human modeling, it proved way too difficult.

Since I found lightwave 3d and bought "Inside Lightwave 3D 7" (great book by the way), I've really started to get interested in it. And constantly, I keep comming back over and over again to see the magnificent work that yall have put together, which some time in the future, I can as well share mine as well. But today my main question when I was walking today came up, how much like Truspace is Lightwave? More or less precise?

THREE more questions:
1. Was or is Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children being made with Lightwave?

2. Is particle making hard?

3. Anyone here experienced in law?

UEI
11-18-2003, 12:05 PM
No one here has heard or seen Truspace Before?

-How about the particle question?

WizCraker
11-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Lightwave is a profressional 3D application that has been used in Games, Film, and TV. Newtek has been awarded multiple Emmey's for their product. Is this more precise than Truspace, I think the people and studios that trust Lightwave think so.

Particles are easy to make however a lifetime to master. 8 will have a better dynamics system.

If you are looking for a lawyer you are in the wrong forum.

meshmaster
11-19-2003, 08:48 AM
hands down, lw is better than ts. I too had ts prior to lw, and when the time came around to upgrade ts, with all of it's boolean bugs that kept crashing my scene or getting on board to a professional program that has had a lot of success in broadcast, game industry, and movies, I went ahead and got lw... at the time, lw was a lot cheaper than maya, xsi, and 3dsmax, and it looked nicer than the icon heaviness in ts, max and maya...
Read more about my decision to go with lw
Here (http://forum.caligari.com/discus/messages/74/13245.html?1066572637) and Here (http://forum.caligari.com/discus/messages/1589/12404.html?1055146892) - note: there I'm known as mastermesh - you may have to dig in the archives..