PDA

View Full Version : Setting default camera resolution?

jeric_synergy
01-01-2014, 08:10 PM
...trying to be positive here...
What's the procedure for setting a DEFAULT camera resolution? :hammer:

+++
and if this is still how (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?22118-Customizing-default-Lightwave-settings), it's ridiculous. :devil:

+++
SOLVED: the AGGRAVATING answer is "Edit your Configs". It's as if no software anywhere ever demonstrated what a PREFERENCES PANEL is.

Open config in text editor.
look for "FrameSize xxx yyy" line
edit appropriately
(you may also need to edit "PixelAspect n" depending on your needs)

Layout will match the framesize to your list of presets. And just putting your favorite at the top of the list does not work. (However, you can neaten up your list if you like.)

Just in case my attitude is ambiguous: this is lame, and has been lame for a long long time. How about a PROPER Preferences Panel? Users shouldn't have to EVER twiddle the configs in a text editor.

xchrisx
01-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Before you get all angry maybe you should have just asked how to do it. In layout, open the scene preferences (default d key), goto the Def panel. Under Default Frame Size set your options. Done.

jeric_synergy
01-02-2014, 10:21 AM
My bad. *raises hand like in basketball* Looked for it in the Camera Panel.

Looked in the dox too, but must have used the wrong keywords. --Also, googled it, no go.

jeric_synergy
03-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Just had to Google this AGAIN, since it's been a year. Fortunately, googling brings me here.

I'm still hating* that on my system, there's no "Defaults" tab, there's only a "Def" tab, because of the way the Display Options window is formatted. Also, it's inconsistent in that there is a "Save As Defaults" for Display settings, but there's no similar thing for the Render Globals Camera Tab-- that there's two different approaches to setting a default is misleading, since one expects (ha!) consistency.

Also, the Layout PREFERENCES panel is invoked with the "Display Options" command.... ::sigh::

C"monnnnnn, 2016.

As long as I'm ranting, I wish Adobe would add Google-like "fuzzy" Search in the PDF reader, because the odds on getting the exact set of keywords in the proper order seem low, but getting 'close' seems very doable. If the PDF Search coughed out results from several pages I suspect it would be more useful than exact matches.

*they say "do what you're good at", but they don't mean it.

spherical
03-05-2016, 10:49 PM
IIRC, there use to be a PDF fuzzy search way back. It would return a list of hits that you choose from. The way it is now sucks b*lls.

jeric_synergy
03-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that's my recollection too. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks Adobe, for downgrading your product.

(Or, making it so obscure that the effect is just the same.)