PDA

View Full Version : Nodal reference for the math challenged: text guide sheet? Node utility guide

jeric_synergy
12-31-2013, 12:00 PM
I've been reviewing my RH 3 volume nodal tutorials (as ever, highly recommended, and Vol1 available free, see Liberty3D.com (http://liberty3d.com) for details) and was wondering:

Has anybody constructed a guide sheet, in the style of Hotkey guide sheets, that features a quick list of the functionality of (esp mathematical) nodes? For instance, I just watched RH's presentation on Cross Product/Dot Product nodes, and my 'takeaway' (i.e., the only factoid I retained) is that Cross Product can be used to determine a vector at 90 degrees from two other vectors. Good enough!

But rather than watching the video again (which is time consuming), a text reminder of this would be perfectly adequate.

I may just start one myself, but it'd be nice for LW users to be able to add their own tidbits. IOW, crowd-sourcing. What would be the best way to do this?

I'm think THIS is the project that will get me into LightWIKI. But I'd like it highly printable too.

spherical
12-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, I gotta think about this for a bit, preferably when I'm not in New Year's Eve Mode (knowwhatImean?), but some sort of Cheat Sheet would be great... 'cuz these applications are convoluted and complex enough as it is. If you have more than two in your pipeline, your grey matter is going to be seriously challenged. Not a bad thing, necessarily. It does one good to exercise one's muscles to keep them limber and viable.

jeric_synergy
01-01-2014, 02:00 AM
RELATED, tangentially: I'm surprised that once Compound Nodes were implemented we didn't see a flurry of "download my compound node, it's slick!" posts.

Of course, Networks have always been saveable, and Surfaces too, and it just never seems to take off.

#ramblinonnewyearsday