PDA

View Full Version : Objects and "Relative" Morphs

Lee Groves
12-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi.
Just a quick question...
If you create a Morph on an object and make it "relative" when creating it.
If you were to move the object in x,y,z space should the Morph still work on that object?

The reason for asking is because I created and object along with a couple of morphs but when I imported the same object to use on a different model. The original morphs keep moving the object back to its originally morphed location.
If that make sense! :-)

Do I need to set something else as well for the morph to work regardless where I put the object?

Thanks
Lee Groves.

ernpchan
12-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Sounds odd that your morph would be moving back to the original location. Can you recreate the problem on a dummy object and post it?

Lee Groves
12-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Is the "Relative" option the only option that will effect morphs in this way?

ernpchan
12-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Using either relative or absolute shouldn't affect morphs the way you're encountering. I wonder of you have things setup in Layout in an odd way. But I can't think of anything offhand that would result in what you're seeing.

Lee Groves
12-30-2013, 11:36 AM
This is in the Modeler side of lightwave it is happening. - Does that Help?

sandman300
12-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes it does, is there a reason why you need to move the geometry in modeler?

ernpchan
12-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah, as sandman300 pointed out, you're methodology is off. Build your geometry, do your morphs, then move/place your object in Layout.

Lee Groves
12-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I was thinking that the object could be used on another model along with it's morphs. The same way layers are used?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah! - Just re-read the replies. I get it now.
If reusing an object only reuse it in Layout!

Thanks for your help.
I come from a Object Orientated back ground. Hence the thinking. I think! :-)