PDA

View Full Version : it sucks

david_scotland
12-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Been a while since I visited this website. Wow, I can hardly read anything. This new colour scheme sucks, black background, gray text.

Ryan Roye
12-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Been a while since I visited this website. Wow, I can hardly read anything. This new colour scheme sucks, black background, gray text.

You mean the forums? Look in the lower left corner of any forum page and you'll notice a little dropdown menu. Change the forum color scheme to suit your preference.

Hail
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM
I fully agree
The old theme was far better
Search engine sucks too:(

pauland
12-30-2013, 11:28 AM
+1

OK, it's easy to change it, but it's a poor default that may just put people off before they figure out how to change it.

Greenlaw
12-30-2013, 04:10 PM
For deep searches, check your Default Thread Age Cut Off setting--it should be set to Show All Threads. I think the normal default setting blocks a lot of older threads. That said, I have noticed that many threads without tags are not searchable. In such cases, I rely on old bookmarks and Google. I hope they can fix this but it's been a while now so I think that's unlikely.

As for color scheme, it looks fine on our computers here and on the one I use at work, but maybe that's because all our screens are calibrated for production use. I can see how light gray on black might look muddy on an uncalibrated screen so maybe it wasn't the best design choice for many users. In any case, as mentioned above, you can change the color from the pop-up below.

G.

Sensei
12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Change style at bottom panel to vB4 Default Style. I did it in second after change..

wrightyp100
01-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Welcome back David. May your new year be full of positive energy and happy thoughts. ;)

jeric_synergy
01-06-2014, 10:27 AM
And better, more informative subject lines.

jwiede
01-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Change style at bottom panel to vB4 Default Style. I did it in second after change..

Or if you prefer light-on-dark, try the "brown" style, it has better constrast in many aspects.