PDA

View Full Version : Faceshift, Lightwave and FBX issue

merovingio
12-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I am testing Faceshift. I have this problem: if i export the animation via FBX with the default template Layout will load it nicely, just with a problem with the eyes position, which can be solved easly reaprenting it. But if i try to export from Faceshift with a custom mesh Layout doesn't load the animation, just the first frame.

I though it was a trial limitation, but it is not. Also their support told me that it should export it without problems.

RebelHill
12-29-2013, 10:59 AM
If the fbx contains more than one animation take its usually the culprit why you get this.

merovingio
12-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Well, it shouldn't contain more then one animation. In the export parameters in Faceshift i can only tell which mesh to target. The animation itself is one, and it is the clip you are exporting.

Mercuryrex
02-21-2014, 12:34 PM
I am testing Faceshift. I have this problem: if i export the animation via FBX with the default template Layout will load it nicely, just with a problem with the eyes position, which can be solved easly reaprenting it. But if i try to export from Faceshift with a custom mesh Layout doesn't load the animation, just the first frame.

I though it was a trial limitation, but it is not. Also their support told me that it should export it without problems.

Can you tell me what you are reparenting to get the eyes in the right place please?
I tried it out before and managed some kind of workaround, but I've forgotten how I got it to work.
I've tried reparenting the eye meshes to all sorts and tried the same with the eye bones. But for some reason I can't replicate how I got it working before.
What did you reparent, and to what?

merovingio
02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
I simply deleted the imported eyes, imported again two eye meshes and then parent it to the eyes bones. If you uncheck parent in place they just go in the right place.

Mercuryrex
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
I simply deleted the imported eyes, imported again two eye meshes and then parent it to the eyes bones. If you uncheck parent in place they just go in the right place.

Yes thanks. I just found the old scene which I got working. Apparently what I did was to create two new small bones parented to the eye bones and had them set to weight map only for the eye weight maps. Then I made the original eye bones inactive. I think I may have also placed the eyes in the correct position in modeler.

However I've discovered that there was no need for the extra bones I added. I could have simply parented the eye meshes to the eyes bones and made the eye bones inactive.

I'm thinking that the performance could be applied to different models if they use the same names for the endomoprhs. As you can save endomorph animation sets and load them in.