PDA

View Full Version : Have a request for video tutorials?

hrgiger
12-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Hello all- I would like to start adding to my Youtube channel and have some tutorials in mind but would like to ask if there are any things you would like to see? For now I'm focusing on modeling and any requests are ok from complete newbie to more advanced modeling concepts. I can also do tutorials on Zbrush interchange and general Zbrush usage as well as tutorials for LWCAD. Im going to be adding to it as I have time with some things I have in mind but just wanted to see if there's anything you would like to learn more about.

kosmodave
12-29-2013, 09:39 AM
There's never enough tutorials on subd modelling hard surface objects, that would be good to see.

Dave

torturebori007
12-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Anything really....Beggars can't be choosers

Munty
12-30-2013, 03:35 AM
I would really like to see a tutorial showing how to make an eyelid close over an eyeball without the eyeball showing through the eyelid, not only for a cartoon style but also a realistic style character.

bobakabob
12-30-2013, 04:36 AM
A step by step tutorial on setting up and using GoZ interchange for basic sculpting and uv mapping would be appreciated. I've not got round to using GoZ as workflow between the apps is already pretty good (there also seem to be technical problems on the forums) but it would be very helpful to users to see the benefits.

Also any LWCad tutorials perhaps showing the versatility of the app in hard surface modelling other than architecture.

hrgiger
12-30-2013, 06:58 AM
I will be doing some hard surface modeling techniques. i already have one done, i just have to finish editing which i will do this evening as time permits.

As far as the eyelid goes, thats really more of an animation issue and while I may get around to doing some character tutorials, I might address that question to someone like Rebel Hill in the meantime.

Yes LWCAD has a lot of uses that dont focus on archviz and those are the kind of lessons I'd like to do. And yes, I would like to do a Zbrush tutorial that shows the whole process of taking a sculpt from Zbrush, creating UV maps, creating your texture and displacement maps and bringing back to LW.

hrgiger
12-31-2013, 03:03 AM
New Hard surface modeling video up on creating a fluted column.

http://youtu.be/pwDKFFKRRTw

kosmodave
12-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Will watch this with great interest as I'm always struggling with subd modeling. Many thanks for taking the time to do this and posting here.

Dave

hrgiger
12-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Sure Dave, let me know if there are specific subjects/objects you would like to see.

meatycheesyboy
12-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Just commented and left your first 'like'. Thanks for the tutorial, please continue making them.

hrgiger
01-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Another tutorial up. This is a short one on using multiple curves in LWCAD presets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kND8MEz0-cU&feature=youtu.be

hrgiger
01-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Another quick LWCAD tutorial up. This one on using projection snapping to merge corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQbZVWz6qpc&feature=youtu.be

torturebori007
01-03-2014, 09:00 AM
OK Holy Crap!!!!! brother from another mother...you can make tutorials on anything you please, its just great to have some dated tutorials coming.

Ones that I would say are lacking around, and most people, and by most people I mean me, haha, Texturing and making materials (metal, gold, ground) things like that.

Making a old rusted bean can or something.

But really anything would be great as this is your time your giving us.

Thank you

itc
01-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Hello all- I would like to start adding to my Youtube channel and have some tutorials in mind but would like to ask if there are any things you would like to see? For now I'm focusing on modeling and any requests are ok from complete newbie to more advanced modeling concepts. I can also do tutorials on Zbrush interchange and general Zbrush usage as well as tutorials for LWCAD. Im going to be adding to it as I have time with some things I have in mind but just wanted to see if there's anything you would like to learn more about.

Glass, such as Christmas ornaments, new ones, and how about those old bubble lights :thumbsup:

jeric_synergy
01-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Nice!

Unfortunately, (although I'll certainly benefit from these) what I crave are tutorials detailing use of DPont's multitudinous plugins. Sadly, the documentation does not 'work' for me, a lot more hand-holding is necessary for my slow

Meanwhile, I'll watch these with pleasure: Thanks!

hrgiger
01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Nice!

Unfortunately, (although I'll certainly benefit from these) what I crave are tutorials detailing use of DPont's multitudinous plugins. Sadly, the documentation does not 'work' for me, a lot more hand-holding is necessary for my slow

Meanwhile, I'll watch these with pleasure: Thanks!

Actually I thought doing a few of DPonts things would be good. In the meantime, have you seen Bryphi's stuff on Youtube? He does a lot of videos on DPoints stuff. Its mostly for motion graphics I believe. http://www.youtube.com/user/bryphi77?feature=watch

jeric_synergy
01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Bryphii's stuff is brilliant and innovative, but require quite a bit of time to view.

Also, I'm looking for more of something that goes into a bit of detail about the inputs: sometimes the translation from French doesn't quite connect for me.

Really, a LightWIKI article would probably be a more appropriate medium than video-- the thing about videos, esp on the YooTubez (on my connection) is you can't browse or skip around easily.

hrgiger
01-03-2014, 04:12 PM
One last tutorial for today. This one on using Zbrush and GoZ in creating UV Maps for LightWave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxiU1bUS74&feature=youtu.be

vector
01-07-2014, 10:43 PM
You rocks. If you don't mind, I'll post this one on my blog linking to your channel. It's helpful stuff

hrgiger
01-08-2014, 12:31 AM
Thanks Vector. I'm off for the next few days and hope to post at least a few more tutorials up on my channel.

hrgiger
01-09-2014, 01:01 PM
A beginners guide to Using Spline Patching. Covers creating curves, creating valid patches, Perpendicular and Parallel, as well as Length vs knots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQu5kLPjJCM&feature=youtu.be

Shabazzy
01-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Excellent tutorial on spline patching.

I probably would have included the importance of checking the spline head directions just before patching, though.

Great work none the less.

Shabazzy

hrgiger
01-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Excellent tutorial on spline patching.

I probably would have included the importance of checking the spline head directions just before patching, though.

Great work none the less.

Shabazzy

Do you ever find that to be an issue? I know the Modeler docs tell you that splines must be head to tail but it doesn't prevent the patch from working.

Shabazzy
01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Do you ever find that to be an issue? I know the Modeler docs tell you that splines must be head to tail but it doesn't prevent the patch from working.

In all honesty, I've never really deferred from the manual's recommendation, so I couldn't really say if it's an issue or not.

I just figured they have a good reason to do it that way, so why make problems for myself?

hrgiger
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
I just recorded an addendum and added the bit about spline direction as well as the issue of selecting clockwise or counterclockwise to change polygon direction. Thanks for the input Shabazzy.

jeric_synergy
01-09-2014, 06:52 PM
??? A "head to head" spline will patch??

AFAICR, as long as they are all head to tail, the only question is which way the resulting patch normals will face.

hrgiger
01-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Updated Spline patching video with additional info added at end after some user feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYugnb-9-Y&feature=youtu.be

vector
01-10-2014, 02:22 AM
Nice. I think spline technique is a bit forgotten

hrgiger
01-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Another hard surface modeling video. I show modeling a simple Logitech computer speaker (mine).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7IF14BsAk

shrox
01-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Cool and thanks!

daforum
01-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Very cool tutorials hrgiger :thumbsup:

Pensart
01-11-2014, 03:50 AM
I also subscribed to your channel. Hope to see some advanced tutorials in the future. Thanks for using your time and helping the lw comunity.

hrgiger
01-11-2014, 04:43 AM
??? A "head to head" spline will patch??

AFAICR, as long as they are all head to tail, the only question is which way the resulting patch normals will face.

Eric, yes Ive been using splines for years and ive never seen splines that wont patch whether theyre head to head or tail to tail. Before making the video I deliberately faced the splines the wrong way and they still patch the same. As far as which way the polygons will face, that has more to do with which direction you select the splines in either in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction. I thought it best however to include the information about heads and tails just in case someone were to find an instance where it made a difference.

dee
01-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Another hard surface modeling video. I show modeling a simple Logitech computer speaker (mine).

Nice tutorial. For the last part, the thickening, try Multishift with shift set to Contour mode.

cresshead
01-11-2014, 07:44 AM
great vids thanks for sharing

hrgiger
01-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Nice tutorial. For the last part, the thickening, try Multishift with shift set to Contour mode.

thanks Dee I will take a look at it. Honestly multishift is not one of the more common tools i use. I normally only use it when i want to inset a group of polygons.

jeric_synergy
01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
hrgiger, that is certainly a surprise. I remember pounding my head against the desk when various patches Just Wouldn't Patch. Have to give it a whirl.

jeric_synergy
01-11-2014, 10:52 AM
I've watched a couple of these excellent tutorials (kudos to hrgiger, and I especially appreciate his clear, non-mumbling voice) and noted that when making subpatch objects eventually one often has to go thru the ritual of reducing the end of a cylinder to quads. Assuming one didn't make the error of creating an odd-sided cylinder, this is straightforward but time consuming.

Has anybody made a script or plugin that automates the "select two, merge, select two..." operation?

EDIT: it would be possible to use ian_r's "CreateLscript" to make a "QuadCylinder" primitive, but you'd be stuck with the divisions used when you generated the primitive-making script. A fully parametric "QuadCylinder would be nice-- one that generated a quad top and bottom. -I assume it would be limited to even-numbered sides.

JohnMarchant
01-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks hrgiger, always after new tutorials. I really have to get back into splines. Not used them in a bit. Always had the issue of selecting in the right order.

Lewis
01-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Nice work Steve, keep them comming :).

jeric_synergy
01-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Well, FFS, somewhere along the line spline patching got a WHOLE lot easier!!!!

Shouldn't they have trumpeted this from the rooftops??? In my memory it was difficult to even get a simple test patch successfully created, now I can't FORCE an arrangement of splines that doesn't work.

I'm not complaining, but I sure am mystified. :stumped:

Lewis
01-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Well, FFS, somewhere along the line spline patching got a WHOLE lot easier!!!!

Shouldn't they have trumpeted this from the rooftops??? In my memory it was difficult to even get a simple test patch successfully created, now I can't FORCE an arrangement of splines that doesn't work.

I'm not complaining, but I sure am mystified. :stumped:

Heheeh, that just means you didn't follow proper tutorials from start ;). SplineGod made several of those long ago, I've made some free spline patching video years ago etc. etc.. It's not really been that hard if you know/follow 3-4 simple rules ;).

jeric_synergy
01-11-2014, 01:32 PM
I have Larry's tutorial, but it always seemed much harder than it does now, AND it was possible to construct a non-working patch.

That is: if you properly followed the rules, it always worked, but it was generally a PITA. But now it seems the rules must be a bit looser, since I can't MAKE it fail.

Good news for us! :thumbsup:

medicalart
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Texturing and making materials (metal, gold, ground) things like that.

Thank you

I second that, using nodes.

torturebori007
01-12-2014, 06:16 AM

Using nodes is what I meant as well...

Thank you so much for listening and taking requests.

hrgiger
01-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Guys and gal or two, I added the link to the background reference images for the Logitech Speaker Tutorial if you're interested. You can find the link in the video description on YouTube.

jeric_synergy
01-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Any given DPont feature: there're hidden depths in every one of them!

hrgiger
01-17-2014, 07:35 PM
A little more in depth tutorial this time will be broken up into several parts. Organic modeling- modeling and UV mapping a dolphin in LightWave Modeler. First part is up now and am currently loading part 2. Will uploading the next few parts in the next day or two. Reference photos I used can be found in the Video description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsF8j_hRMqY

TwoCoins
01-18-2014, 12:27 AM
I'd like to See some hard surface modeling. But something with intentional sharp edges like a sword or knife blade. I have troubles with fine edges.

hrgiger
01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
Part 2 of the Dolphin Modeling Tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qt3VBuFQoE

torturebori007
01-18-2014, 05:38 AM
You're a blessing with all this. Really super duper nice of you...

Great great stuff

hrgiger
01-18-2014, 06:21 AM
I'd like to See some hard surface modeling. But something with intentional sharp edges like a sword or knife blade. I have troubles with fine edges.

i can do something like that.

Lewis
01-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Nice videos hrgiger :).

BTW you don't need to drop/reactivate the "Slice" tool each time to create new slice, just hit RMB after first slice and you can continue to next slice without droping slice tool and reactivatign it again each time ;). Or of you want to be even faster selct points in order and use "connect" tool.

and Weld 2.0 tool works with symetry also so just remap it if you didn't already ;).

hrgiger
01-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Nice videos hrgiger :).

BTW you don't need to drop/reactivate the "Slice" tool each time to create new slice, just hit RMB after first slice and you can continue to next slice without droping slice tool and reactivatign it again each time ;). Or of you want to be even faster selct points in order and use "connect" tool.

and Weld 2.0 tool works with symetry also so just remap it if you didn't already ;).

Did they update slice? I thought after it first came out that RMB wasn't working to reactivate?

And thanks for the tip about weld 2.0. I figure that some people might be beginners and I don't want to confuse anyone with using remapped tools, just defaults.

Lewis
01-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Did they update slice? I thought after it first came out that RMB wasn't working to reactivate?

And thanks for the tip about weld 2.0. I figure that some people might be beginners and I don't want to confuse anyone with using remapped tools, just defaults.

I don't remember is it updatet but RMB works on quite few tools like it does on Bevel, smooth shift etc.. etc.. so it might be there for a long time, i rather use Connect tool esp. on hi-poly stuff.

Well frankly I'm not sure what's defaults in 11.6 nowdays, it might even be weld 2.0 by default ;). I use my own set's/configs/shortcuts so no idea what's default nowdays.

jasonwestmas
01-18-2014, 06:08 PM
I would be very interested in more LWCad Tips n Tricks stuff. Thanks =)

Jamesxx
01-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Amazing work Hrgiger ;) the dolphin looks really interesting. ill definitely give it a try. are you also going to import him afterwards into zbrish for detailing an texturing? and then afterwards a scene setup for rendering in layout? this is kind of what I d really like to see a complete workflow from start to finish.

JohnMarchant
01-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Thanks for all these mate. I second the LWCAD T&T, also i would like something on Pivots, i know how to set up in modeler but what if your model parts are not flat but at an angle. I wonder if there is an easy way to do this. Ive heard in layout you can set it up. I have a model with various flaps at odd angles how do we set them up to rotate correctly. I just wish it was possible in modeler to move and rotate the pivot the way i want. Probably simple but ive never really got my head around it.

hrgiger
01-19-2014, 02:44 AM
Thanks for all these mate. I second the LWCAD T&T, also i would like something on Pivots, i know how to set up in modeler but what if your model parts are not flat but at an angle. I wonder if there is an easy way to do this. Ive heard in layout you can set it up. I have a model with various flaps at odd angles how do we set them up to rotate correctly. I just wish it was possible in modeler to move and rotate the pivot the way i want. Probably simple but ive never really got my head around it.

Yes, I will be doing more LWCAD stuff.

John, as far as the pivots go. There is no way to rotate a pivot in modeler (that I'm aware) but what you can do in Layout is to either use a bone or alternatively, you can set up your pivot point in modeler where you want the model to pivot from, then in Layout you can create a null. Move your null close to where you have your pivot and hold your Alt key down as you get close and it should snap to the pivot point. Now adjust your pivot rotation handles to the way you want your object to rotate. Once you have it set the way you want, under the setup tab go to Orientation>Record Pivot Rotation and then you can just parent your object to the null and animate the part with the null.

One point about setting the pivot in modeler... I've noticed that trying to sync between modeler and Layout with the Hub, it doesn't seem to update the pivot rotation from modeler in Layout. It's best to setup the pivots in modeler first, save the object, and then open up Layout and then your pivots will be updated.

hrgiger
01-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Amazing work Hrgiger ;) the dolphin looks really interesting. ill definitely give it a try. are you also going to import him afterwards into zbrish for detailing an texturing? and then afterwards a scene setup for rendering in layout? this is kind of what I d really like to see a complete workflow from start to finish.

I will probably be doing more Zbrush stuff later but it will probably be one in which I do most of the modeling in zbrush so for the dolphin tutorial, it will be more for those who use LightWave for modeling. And it will probably be something that lends itself more to Zbrush detailing, the dolphin itself is overall a pretty smooth creature and isn't the best to display the strengths of Zbrush displacements and texture.

JohnMarchant
01-19-2014, 03:28 AM
Yes, I will be doing more LWCAD stuff.

John, as far as the pivots go. There is no way to rotate a pivot in modeler (that I'm aware) but what you can do in Layout is to either use a bone or alternatively, you can set up your pivot point in modeler where you want the model to pivot from, then in Layout you can create a null. Move your null close to where you have your pivot and hold your Alt key down as you get close and it should snap to the pivot point. Now adjust your pivot rotation handles to the way you want your object to rotate. Once you have it set the way you want, under the setup tab go to Orientation>Record Pivot Rotation and then you can just parent your object to the null and animate the part with the null.

One point about setting the pivot in modeler... I've noticed that trying to sync between modeler and Layout with the Hub, it doesn't seem to update the pivot rotation from modeler in Layout. It's best to setup the pivots in modeler first, save the object, and then open up Layout and then your pivots will be updated.

Thanks for that mate. Its as i thought, still PITA to set up in layout if they have odd angles. Didnt know about the Hub thing. Mind you im so used to deactivating the Hub now that i do it whenever i install LightWave, not sure if is is any more stable now in 11 but it was not for a long time that i gave up on it.

Unrelated here, any chance of more presets for LWCAD ??

hrgiger
01-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Unrelated here, any chance of more presets for LWCAD ??

yeah im still working on a free update to current pack. I wont be making a new version for next LWCAD, just going to be adding additional presets to current set att no extra charge. Viktor assures me presets will be backwards compatible so they should all still work in LWCAD 5. I had intended to put out update last year but kept getting sidelined with it and of course theres just never enough time in the day. Plus im never satisfied so I tend to rework things a lot. But yeah hopefully soon will be able to get those out.

hrgiger
01-20-2014, 02:38 AM
Part 3 of modeling a dolphin, creating the pectoral fins. Links to previous 2 videos in video description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_j3AQWNHz0

blindsided
01-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Amazing Tuts, never been able to get my head around SUBDs but starting to see some light!!. On a OSX Mavericks LW 11.6.1, Slice Tool is missing loaded from 11.5.1 plugins.

hrgiger
01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks blindsided. I just finished editing the next part in Premiere will be uploaded today. I try to be concise when describing everything I'm doing but if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the tutorials, I appreciate any feedback you might have.

hrgiger
01-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Part 4 is now up. Probably just one last part to go. Last video will cover modeling the inside of the mouth, the teeth and creating the eye and eye area as well as creating a UV map.

This part covers modeling the head of the dolphin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuaVFL9NmrY

greg.reyna
01-23-2014, 06:47 PM

--and I second the second. Especially texturing nature's materials like ground.

hrgiger
02-01-2014, 10:17 PM
The last part of the dolphin modeling tutorial is up. This part covers the finishing of the modeling and creating a UV map. Covers using the new ABF UV unwrap as well as Place Mesh for placing the teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqB_xyAkSaM

Slartibartfast
02-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Very nice dolphin tutorials hrgiger! Thank you!

JohnMarchant
02-02-2014, 03:07 PM
yeah im still working on a free update to current pack. I wont be making a new version for next LWCAD, just going to be adding additional presets to current set att no extra charge. Viktor assures me presets will be backwards compatible so they should all still work in LWCAD 5. I had intended to put out update last year but kept getting sidelined with it and of course theres just never enough time in the day. Plus im never satisfied so I tend to rework things a lot. But yeah hopefully soon will be able to get those out.

Good news mate. look forward to them. Im glad that Viktor says they will be backwards compatible.

Munty
02-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Many thanks hrgiger for your dolphin tutorial, it has been very informative, I am very grateful.

bobakabob
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks for this, nice clear 'cut to the chase' teaching style. Haven't tried the UV unwrap yet.

Oedo 808
02-13-2014, 09:06 PM
hrgiger, I wonder if you could do me a favour and make a quick video of using Quad Mapper UV from LWCAD, just on a cuboid or simple tube like in the youtube video Viktor made, including creating surfaces that you can then choose from and switch between while the tool is active. The reason I ask is that everything else seems fine in LWCAD 4.5, but that tool is going bonkers and has crashed Modeler several times now and I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if it's borked and I need to reinstall or get in contact with Viktor. I'm not sure what the specifics are to setting up the surfaces that I could be getting wrong.

No hurry, and don't worry if you can't fit it in.

Cheers.

realgray
02-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Thank you hrgiger for taking the time to produce this tutorials. Much appreciated.

hhnguyen
02-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Yes, Thank you very much

allabulle
02-14-2014, 08:40 AM
+1

hrgiger
03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Not a video tutorial per se but I put together this video on a rundown of some of LWCAD's features for those who may not know its range of tools. Music is by our very own Matt Gorner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-MYQyNgO8

Daphne
04-16-2014, 09:49 AM
I can't believe I missed all this! These are terrific, thank you SO much hrgiger!

It's always interesting to actually hear someone's voice to see if it is what you think they will sound like ha ha.

I am planning to get ZBrush soon so tutorials for it would be super as well but anything you would like to demonstrate would be greatly appreciated!

Silkrooster
04-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Excellent tutorial hrgiger, much appreciated.

cbreton49
05-13-2014, 03:57 PM
I would like to see how to move a rotation axis once in layout to another angle. I have a pilot and his bones are on different layers, so his shoulder rotates a certain way, now i moved the body and now the rotation of his shoulder doesn't rotate at the right angle, I would like to see/know how to rotate the axis so I can now rotate his shoulder in the right direction. If you can do a video of that I for one, would LOVE it: [email protected]
cbreton49

ernpchan
05-13-2014, 04:16 PM
I would like to see how to move a rotation axis once in layout to another angle. I have a pilot and his bones are on different layers, so his shoulder rotates a certain way, now i moved the body and now the rotation of his shoulder doesn't rotate at the right angle, I would like to see/know how to rotate the axis so I can now rotate his shoulder in the right direction. If you can do a video of that I for one, would LOVE it: [email protected]
cbreton49

Does changing the rotation axis help? Hard to visualize your problem without seeing it.

cbreton49
05-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Does changing the rotation axis help? Hard to visualize your problem without seeing it.

yes changing the rotation axis would help lots, i don't know how to change it in layout!121886

ernpchan
05-13-2014, 04:29 PM
yes changing the rotation axis would help lots, i don't know how to change it in layout!121886

Under the Modify tab there should be a pulldown for 'Coord System'.

cbreton49
05-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Under the Modify tab there should be a pulldown for 'Coord System'.

wow, that does help a lot! thank you so much!! I just played with it and it makes a big difference and I can keep changing it to make the arm do what I need to do!! Again thank you very much!!

cbreton49
05-13-2014, 05:22 PM
wow, that does help a lot! thank you so much!! I just played with it and it makes a big difference and I can keep changing it to make the arm do what I need to do!! Again thank you very much!!

here is an image of the corrections i did to the elbow which makes more sense using the coord systems and smoothed things out a bit, more work and I will have it dialed in, and thanks again...121888

ernpchan
05-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Glad I could help.

Without knowing what your rig looks like, it's hard to diagnose why you have odd rotation axis. My guess is it's how your skeleton is setup. If you had buffer bones or made sure your joints were along their proper axis then you wouldn't run into odd situations like this.

Watching RebelHill's videos about rotations and coordinate systems is a good watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeDUqjD1Oc

cbreton49
05-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Glad I could help.

Without knowing what your rig looks like, it's hard to diagnose why you have odd rotation axis. My guess is it's how your skeleton is setup. If you had buffer bones or made sure your joints were along their proper axis then you wouldn't run into odd situations like this.

Watching RebelHill's videos about rotations and coordinate systems is a good watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeDUqjD1Oc

Thank you I will watch that now, and yes, my bone structure may not be perfect and I will watch that when setting them up in the future. Thank you!!

octopus2000
06-07-2014, 06:34 AM
how about a realistic lighting technique that's easy to follow

rednova
06-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi:
First of all, I thank HR.GIGER for his wonderful free tutorials.
I haven't check them out yet, but looking forward to see
the complete dolphin series (I love dolphins, I would really love these tutorials).
My request is : I have a great desktop images vhs video, advanced explosion techniques
by Emile Edwin Smith, I really love this video. I would like to see a similar tutorial
online on how to make a complete explosion. Like as the video shows.
Thank you !!!

OlaHaldor
06-08-2014, 01:06 AM
How about some TurbulenceFD stuff? There's a lack of a complete roadmap, from tracking to planning/designing the sim to render to comp, make it really 'sit in there'. That's something I struggled with a lot before, and still do from time to time.
Don't get me wrong. Kat is doing a great job. I don't think there's any harm in getting another perspective on things.

TFD is a beast of a plugin. More videos certainly won't hurt anyone. :)

jeric_synergy
06-08-2014, 10:08 AM
I've very much appreciated/enjoyed all the tutorials I've purchased from Liberty3D: support your LW teachers, AND save a boatload of time NOT reinventing the wheel!

hrgiger
06-17-2014, 04:00 PM
This is from another thread on cutting a hole in a SubD mesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoeNCSNrvJs&feature=youtu.be