PDA

View Full Version : weight maps are not working.

stylus10
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
hi, this is something stupid i'm sure. i select polys, assign a weight map and it creates and can be found in the dropdown but it doesn't sho up in weight shade and doesn't isolate bones. i have started over from a clean .obj 3 times now, no luck. what am i missing? thanks.

ernpchan
12-28-2013, 05:32 PM
You're assigning a value greater or less than 0 to your polys/points?

You're saving to a lwo file?

stylus10
12-28-2013, 07:38 PM
saving to .lwo did the trick. thanks.

jwiede
12-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Another issue highlighting why LW treating OBJ, FBX, etc. as native file types (iow, loading/saving via File->Load/Save, instead of File->Import/Export) isn't currently a "safe" UX. If LW cannot save all data currently associated with the object in its "loaded format", then at the very least, LW must clearly and obviously inform the user not all object data has been saved.

A clear "WARNING: The file format selected cannot store all data currently associated with the object." dialog during export-as-save would prevent problems like that cited by the OP. As it is, the design has a flaw that can result in silent user data loss, in a very frequently accessed function (pri 0/sev 0 by any reasonable standard). Such a potentially severe issue merits some kind of fix/mitigation, IMO.

JamesCurtis
12-29-2013, 07:39 PM
100% agree with this!