PDA

View Full Version : (TC855) Avoid pause recording, even when out of signal

luismigoliveira
12-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Hello,

It is possible to avoid pause recording of independent cameras, even when they are out of signal or disconnected? Presently, if we disconnect a camera on middle of recording, this file will have a hole that corresponds to the time the camera was turned off, but that gap is automatically deleted by Tricaster, so when we put the files in a editing system, the independent cameras are out of sync with the PGM and is very dificult to adjust them in a long show when for example you have 7 cameras and every cameras are turned on at a different time and, on the middle of the show, every camera is disconnected (one at a time), to change battery, for example...

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

csandy
12-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Try bringing in linear time code.

luismigoliveira
01-04-2014, 09:24 AM
How?

kanep
01-04-2014, 12:35 PM
You need a LTC generator and plug it into Audio input #7. In TriCaster, click the gear by the clock and there is an option enable LTC timecode input. With this option on all of your clips will be written with this timecode instead of the system clock time.

However, I'm not 100% sure this will fix the problem, if it is even is a TriCaster problem. It could just as easily be problem with how the NLE is dealing with timecode breaks.

csandy
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Audio input 7 on your 855 can be configured to bring in LTC. See http://goo.gl/c7CHm8.

csandy
01-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi Kane,

Shouldn't this work? Time code is absolute, isn't that the whole point? Even start and stop times are different time code shouldn't shift or it then becomes useless. Do you have time to give it a whirl on you 8000? I'm away from my machines.

Colin

kanep
01-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Not saying the timecode isn't there, but could the problem be that the editing system just looks at the first frame and then counts from there to the end (assuming that a single QT file has continuous timecode)? If I recall, when FCP (if this is the NLE being used) hits a timecode break, it creates a new QT file when capturing from tape.

I'll have to try it when I get a chance and see. It would help to know what NLE is being used. I'm not on a Mac so I don't have access to FCP or anything else Mac only. But I can test it in Avid MC 7, Avid DS 11 and SpeedEdit 2.6. Perhaps I'll try Lightworks again (but last time I tried it just crashed left and right).

kanep
01-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I just tried this on my TC8000 running Rev 2-2 software.

I did a test, I feed video into input 1 via SDI. Then I captured input 1 into a Quicktime 4:2:2 file.

During the capture, I disconnected input 1 a few times and the input went to black. Then reconnected the input.

When I look at the resulting Quicktime file (using either Quicktime Player or SpeedEdit), I have black in the clip at the times that I had the input disconnected.

This was with no LTC timecode coming into the system, just using the system clock for timecode.

luismigoliveira
01-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Hello kanep,

I think there's not a timecode issue and not even a problem of the editing software that I use (Edius).
In my first tests with Tricaster (April 2012), I remember that this doesn't happened and since an update, began to work this way (not good, I think, because it difficults very much the work of who's going to edit).

You say that with your TC8000 this doesn't happen. Anyone with a TC855 to test this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Luis Oliveira

luismigoliveira
05-13-2014, 05:16 AM

I'm having much problems to sync cameras because when they are out of signal or disconnected, file will have a hole that corresponds to the time the camera was turned off, but that gap is automatically deleted by Tricaster. Please can you bring us "always recording" again? Thank you!

luismigoliveira
09-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Please reconsider this issue ... it's very difficult to edit as well... I have complaints from my clients... there is no one to complain about this?

Ben Freedman
10-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Not sure if this is still an issue... But could a solution be to add a dsk that is always on and has either nothing in it, or maybe 1 pixel in the corner or something. Just something that lets the Tricaster know it's not recording black? So the recording would continue all the time?

Best,

Ben

luismigoliveira
10-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Ben,

The problem isn't at the recording of PGM, but at each one of the individual recordings (cameras).

Regards,