PDA

View Full Version : new lightwave plugins bring 'mesh fusion, lattices, cage deformers'

cresshead
12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
yeh so 'mesh fusion' for lightwave is $79 and available now..luxology got gazumped! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_sU7HrtuMY

http://www.3rdpowers.com

also available is a FFD lattice deformer something that both lightwave and Modo have lacked.
and a heat shrink deformer...which modo has but lightwave doesn't
and boolean tool too.

most interesting to note is that they work with lightwave 9.6 and up so your'e not required to upgrade lightwave t 11.6 to get these new tools.

Bonus!...you can buy ALL of these in a pack for $299

brent3d
12-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Awesome!

Pensart
12-22-2013, 05:45 PM
OMG So cool!!! On my wishlist... Won't take long

calilifestyle
12-22-2013, 11:15 PM
That Heat shrink Plus looks awesome and Meta Mesh Looks cool also . I think i would need to see more samples for this plug in, the Meta mesh plug in that is.

jeric_synergy
12-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Guys, there's already a thread on this.

cresshead
12-23-2013, 12:20 AM
note plugins are in 32bit and 64bit versions
avaiable for windows and mac osx
for lightwave 9.6 and upwards

50one
12-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Guys, there's already a thread on this.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?139320-Cage-and-Lattice-Deformer-MetaMesh-Boolean-HeatShrink-Now-Available&goto=newpost

prometheus
12-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Looks pretty awesome, especially the metamesh, and boolean tools, I wonder..the boolean tools are they usable in layout for animation too?
the heatshrink I donīt get what differs from the built in heatshrink in Lightwave?

Nice to see some new sets of interesting plugins.

Michael

rcallicotte
12-23-2013, 06:47 AM
The is really nice to see people caring about what happens in Lightwave. Very nice plugins.

Snosrap
12-23-2013, 10:46 AM
the heatshrink I donīt get what differs from the built in heatshrink in Lightwave? Dynamics. :) Watch the movie. Quote from their site "Heat Shrink Plus is a modeling tool that conforms a foreground polygon mesh to a background object dynamically"

jeric_synergy
12-23-2013, 10:58 AM
can we consolidate the two threads on this topic?

cresshead
12-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Dynamics. :) Watch the movie. Quote from their site "Heat Shrink Plus is a modeling tool that conforms a foreground polygon mesh to a background object dynamically"

it also works in lightwave 9.6 and isn't restricted to only those on lightwave 11 :)

50one
12-23-2013, 11:13 AM
can we consolidate the two threads on this topic?

Just gotta accept the fact that some folks gotta go to specsavers:)

Original thread

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?139320-Cage-and-Lattice-Deformer-MetaMesh-Boolean-HeatShrink-Now-Available&p=1359526#post1359526

cresshead
12-23-2013, 11:35 AM
personally is see the General Discussion area as the place such as news is to be found...theses plugins fall into that area in my opinion and not matter how large you post the font...it's a good place to post 'news'

50one
12-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Well, it's up to the mod decide where the thread belong.
Posted a large font as I thought you have missed the original thread, besides what's the point of starting another thread about same plug since there is already one, are you doing this on all forums? Creating new threads in different section because you feel they belong to different section? doesn't make sense.

Best,
S

jeric_synergy
12-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Best to just starve this thread.

cresshead
12-23-2013, 12:48 PM
what a weird attitude

yeh merry christmas

Snosrap
12-23-2013, 01:30 PM
it also works in lightwave 9.6 and isn't restricted to only those on lightwave 11 :)

Yeah, what kind of magic are they using.

Ernest
12-23-2013, 07:17 PM
besides what's the point of starting another thread about same plug since there is already one, are you doing this on all forums? Creating new threads in different section because you feel they belong to different section? doesn't make sense.

You make a valid point. Where I disagree is that you seem to think that the people who visit the General Discussions and the people who visit the LW Community overlap a lot. I'd guess that they don't overlap anywhere near as much as you think.

Now, I completely agree that just because some people read only one section, that does not justify repeating every thread in multiple sections. However, it is very rare for something to be announced that is so huge as to be a complete game changer. Things like Hypervoxels, Sasquatch/Shave, Fprime, Easy spline, LWCAD... when they were announced, they appeared out of nowhere and changed the very fabric of reality. When something like that comes about, I think it's fully justified to post it everywhere just to make sure that all the community is aware of it.

In fact, you may consider this a post as a vaguely camouflaged *bump*.
(But I do recommend to people to post any meaningful questions on the thread you linked, since that's where the developer is!)

spherical
12-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Ummm, okay, what is your position, then? Seems to me that if anything is a "complete game changer", people will learn about it soon enough; no matter what. Anyone who is serious about this area of creativity, and would make use of plugins like theses, will surely not only visit General Discussions and ignore all other sections.

cresshead
12-25-2013, 03:15 AM
merry christmas

50one
12-25-2013, 03:40 AM
merry christmas

Why did you edited that part about friendliness? Anyway.....the fact that someone question something doesn't mean He/she is unfriendly, c'mon don't be such a drama queen, have a snickers.

Cageman
12-25-2013, 07:16 AM
To be fare... Both threads (this one and the original one) are in the wrong sections. There is a section called LW - Third Party (http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?31-LW-Third-Party).

I usually press New Posts button to find out about things. That was the way I found both these threads, no matter in what subforum they were posted. I don't really mind spamming good stuff all around the place in order to get the news out, so to speak. But, the backfire is that we will end up having to go through multiple threads to get user reviews, tips and tricks etc. When that happens, I want moderators to step in, merge the threads into one and place it in the correct subforum. :)

Merry Christmas!

50one
12-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I was just going to post merry christmas, I like you all. But after logging in I just discover a message from Cresshead, with "welcome to my ignore list"...damn, I won't be sleeping now.

jeric_synergy
12-25-2013, 11:42 AM
O_o

cresshead
12-25-2013, 02:49 PM
To be fare... Both threads (this one and the original one) are in the wrong sections. There is a section called LW - Third Party (http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?31-LW-Third-Party).

I usually press New Posts button to find out about things. That was the way I found both these threads, no matter in what subforum they were posted. I don't really mind spamming good stuff all around the place in order to get the news out, so to speak. But, the backfire is that we will end up having to go through multiple threads to get user reviews, tips and tricks etc. When that happens, I want moderators to step in, merge the threads into one and place it in the correct subforum. :)

Merry Christmas!

maybe seeing as this was a 'news item' and a very welcome one at that, the lightwave forums could take a look at cgtalk.com where they have a dedicated news forum where all the latest things happening in 'cg' get posted..
the general discussion forum appears to have been used like that for many years ( i've only been posting here for 11 years...what would i know!) that but without a 'news' titles...hence my post.

posting a similar thread is not a crime correct? when i visit here I look through the general forum for news...found none on these plugiins so posted the good news...sue me!

still, this bickering on where and how dare someone post here has derailed the good news here, casual visitors to the forum now have the impression that this is a place to have petty arguments about where a post should be and not about the content of the post
which is really quite sad.

I hope that people reflect on this and think about keeping the existing users and hoping to expand the user base chatting here.

we don't need trolls guarding the bridge into the forums and demanding tolls to enter here...
and we have an 'ignore list' feature for such people to remove their comments from threads....they are now on my ignore list

right...back to eating christmas dinner!

50one
12-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Erm, great you can't see my posts, in that case I can getaway with calling you immature:)
I won't put you on ignore list(to be honest I've never used this functionality even tho I could ) as I see no point in doing so, seriously? How old are you? Five years old? :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm casual user of this forum, but yeah obviously you have more rights here as you've got more posts than me...:rolleyes:

jeric_synergy
12-25-2013, 03:45 PM
If Cresshead want to waste time following two threads, hey, whatev.

Cageman
12-25-2013, 05:35 PM
maybe seeing as this was a 'news item' and a very welcome one at that, the lightwave forums could take a look at cgtalk.com where they have a dedicated news forum where all the latest things happening in 'cg' get posted..
the general discussion forum appears to have been used like that for many years ( i've only been posting here for 11 years...what would i know!) that but without a 'news' titles...hence my post.

If you press the button called "New Posts", you will get a list of all threads (new and old) containing new posts since your last visit. That said, poke LW3DG and ask for a LW - News forum section. I think that is a good idea! :)

posting a similar thread is not a crime correct? when i visit here I look through the general forum for news...found none on these plugiins so posted the good news...sue me!

still, this bickering on where and how dare someone post here has derailed the good news here, casual visitors to the forum now have the impression that this is a place to have petty arguments about where a post should be and not about the content of the post
which is really quite sad.

I hope that people reflect on this and think about keeping the existing users and hoping to expand the user base chatting here.

Yes. I will sue you for doing this. :D

Seriously though... it adds to the confusion when two or more threads about the exact same thing are started. As you know, over at CGT, they are very good at making sure this does not happen. And when it happens, users will tell the poster about it, and there is no drama. What happened with searching for a topic before posting? If you are only browsing General Discussion for news items, I have to say that you limit yourself quite much, imho.

we don't need trolls guarding the bridge into the forums and demanding tolls to enter here...
and we have an 'ignore list' feature for such people to remove their comments from threads....they are now on my ignore list

right...back to eating christmas dinner!

Yes. We are trolls. That is the most obvious explanation to our behaviour.

hrgiger
12-25-2013, 06:02 PM
What difference does it make? I didn't realize we are self appointed moderators here. Point out there's already another thread going and leave it at that, jeez. Let the moderators decide if they want to merge or delete a thread.

Besides, these are pretty exciting plug-ins for LightWave users, the more exposure the better I would say.

cresshead
12-25-2013, 07:31 PM
What difference does it make? I didn't realize we are self appointed moderators here. Point out there's already another thread going and leave it at that, jeez. Let the moderators decide if they want to merge or delete a thread.

Besides, these are pretty exciting plug-ins for LightWave users, the more exposure the better I would say.

exactly..move along move along...

simply spread the good news about the plugins for lightwave.