PDA

View Full Version : Default image file size for CG png's?

tmon
11-17-2003, 12:25 PM
I don't know why, but when I save cg slate pages as a project, when opening the individual PNG files in VT-Edit, I have to select size and 3D postioning in the Control Tree, and make manual adjustments to get them looking the way they did with VT-Vision when I created them in CG.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Suggested workaround solutions?

mgrusin
11-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Did you originally create this CG project in T2, or T3?

I had a very weird problem where this one CG project was not saving full-sized pages, which required resizing each one in VT-Edit as you describe. I experimented a bit, and think it was because that project was originally created in T2, and lost something in the translation to T3. New projects created in T3 size properly for me.

I don't know if it matters, but also check that the "motion page / still page" selector at the top of CG is correctly set (usually you want "still page").

Let me know if any of this works for you.

Good luck! -MG.

tmon
12-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Wow. This is still an issue for me! If I ever resolved it, I forgot how...

Does this still happen to anyone?

(BTW, it didn't have anything to do with the "still" or "motion" page selection).

bradl
12-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Taiji, when you look in Control Tree what does it report the dimensions to be? You referred to trying to match the VT Vision look. I imagine we are talking about an aspect isuue here so I might suggest checking if you have Vision set to video aspect. Not all modules are in sync with this aspect issue, for example, the Positioner does not aspect correct.

Paul Lara
12-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Also don't forget that CG itself has a stretchy skin...are you running CG in its default size?

tmon
12-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I had VT-Vision set to 4:3, also CG sized to default. Control tree showed the saved PNG's something like 500% in size.

I found one of the pages was set to motion, as opposed to still. After checking all of them again, I resaved the project.

So, I 'm thinking you cannot have mixed page types in a single VT[3] CG project (not that I was trying to do that).

Chalk another one up to user error.

Thanks, ya'll.

Nandragon
01-19-2005, 07:32 AM
You mean I can pull CG's from the project file instead of saving them as individual PNG's?
:eek:

Jim_C
01-19-2005, 09:22 AM
You mean I can pull CG's from the project file instead of saving them as individual PNG's?
:eek:

Yup, they will be named sequentially to match the order in the viewer on the right of CG