PDA

View Full Version : genoma broken, seems utterly broken.

stylus10
12-20-2013, 03:36 PM
i have created a skelligon tree (many, many times) i send it to layout and errors come up and i get one huge bone, probably the root, and that's it. help. no matter what i do it makes no sense.

Ryan Roye
12-20-2013, 03:40 PM
To narrow it down, have you tried backing up then clearing your configs? I remember having problems with genoma and a few other things as a result of mismatched config files derived from earlier versions of Lightwave.

stylus10
12-20-2013, 03:45 PM
a direction. i'll take it. can you brief me on the procedure?

Ryan Roye
12-20-2013, 03:50 PM
a direction. i'll take it. can you brief me on the procedure?

If your using windows, your configs are stored in your C:\Users\username\.NewTek\Lightwave folder by default. You should see a folder labeled "11.6" or whatever the version number of your software is. Move the folder into a temporary location anywhere on your hard drive and re-open Lightwave and then try creating a genoma rig in layout. If it works as expected, then the culprit was mismatched configs.

stylus10
12-20-2013, 04:17 PM
sorry, no joy here. absolutely identical failures as before. this failure was progressive. for a while things were working as expected. then slowly at first problems occored. for a while it was a 'skelligon with one virticies has been found". then one on another 'til nothing is referring to an existing object. shrugs. i have been working on this for days, and it's been getting tough not to kill things.

hrgiger
12-20-2013, 04:20 PM
You have a 1 point skelegon. Go into statistics panel in modeler, look for 1 point polygons, select and delete. Done.

A lot of time this can happen if you go to create a skelegon, and instead of dragging it out, you click to start one and then click again elsewhere to end it.

stylus10
12-20-2013, 04:41 PM
why doesn't my modeler show a statistics button?

hrgiger
12-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Just hit the w key to bring up statistics panel. Go into polygon mode, and click the + next to 1 point polygons. This will select any you have in your model or skeleton. Delete them. Then try to send to Layout again.

stylus10
12-20-2013, 05:01 PM
sorry, remembered that as 's'. i had a bunch of one point skelligons so i immediately figured that you meant the zero point skelligon of which i had 1. deleted it and we're golden. thank you. feel better now.

hrgiger
12-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Glad you got it sorted.

prometheus
12-21-2013, 08:52 AM
why doesn't my modeler show a statistics button?

the statistics button was removed from the menubars at the lower part of lightwave modeler, some UI changes I think, along with moving selection modes too in the latest lw 11.6 updates.

You can resize modeler so you get open space on the right side for example, and open the statistics panel, and maybe numeric panel and arrange them in size and position at your liking next to the main modeler window, once
you have done that, close modeler and the next time you open modeler, lightwave configuration will remember that and open modeler accordingly to how you have set the statistic and numeric panels up before.
So if you prefer to have less workspace and have the panels open, that is one way to go, otherwise..use shortcuts "n" and "w"

Michael