PDA

View Full Version : Color Wireframe color

greg.reyna
12-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't see a way on Modeler's interface to change the un-selected Color Wireframe color, which I suppose is the same as the un-selected edge color. I thought it might be the sketch color, but changing that, quitting and restarting, didn't do it. If it's in the Modeler 11 prefs file, I don't see it. And can someone tell me how to interpret the numbers used to define colors in the prefs file?

Thanks,
Greg
---
LW 11.6; Mac Pro (2010) OS 10.6.8

hrgiger
12-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Sketch color under the detail tab. You're looking at default Sketch color in the options which makes newly created geometry that color(not existing geometry).

As far as the number values, they are 3 values that range from 0 to 255 for Red, Green, and Blue. So how much of those colors. That's what RGB is. Alternatively, you can just click on the color swatch and pick a color from the color picker.

madno
12-17-2013, 02:59 PM
You are right - it is default sketch color. If it does not save on LWM exit then there seems to be something wrong.
Colors in CFG are Red Green Blue (RGB) as far as I know.

Edit: hrgiger was faster ;-)

xchrisx
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Also make sure you set your viewports to color wireframe instead of wireframe or you wont see those colors.

JoePoe
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Changing the setting will result in NEW geometry having the new color as stated above.

BUT.... a couple of tools will change the effected area on the original mesh. Such as Knife... the new and surrounding edges will be the new color.
So someone (not me ;D) should be able look under the hood of the knife tool and write a script.

Until then here is A WORK AROUND TRICK:
Use MetaFormPlus (Mutiply Tab>Subdivide>More>MetaFormPlus) with a subD level 0. Voila!!
Be careful with subD meshes. It will take it back to an un-subDed state, so you will have to re-subD.... or take off SubDs first..... You'll see.
But it works. :thumbsup: Respects surfaces but not vertex maps.

hrgiger
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Also make sure you set your viewports to color wireframe instead of wireframe or you wont see those colors.

It won't show in simple wireframe view but it will also show in wireframe shade as well as wireframe texture, not just color wireframe.

JoePoe
12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
I use the trick above all the time on imported OBJs, which always come in with awful white/grey wires. :hey:

greg.reyna
12-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes, I understand that for example this in Layout 11 prefs is probably RGB:
>DefaultOverlayColor 0 0 0

but what do these numbers mean?:
>DefaultObjectColor 7
>DefaultBoneColor -1
--
and here's how colors are defined in Modeler 11 prefs:

DefaultEdgeSelectColor 0.719 1 0.4941
===

Thanks, Detail/Sketch Color is exactly what I need. Earlier, after changing Display Options/Default Edge Color, and returning to work on a model I found the new edge color appearing, mixed with the default dark blue. Now that I know how to change the current color I'm good to go.

JoePoe
12-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Perhaps....
Are all your color info fields showing up like that (in Surface Editor etc)? If so...
In Modeler prefs, under Interface, is the Color Format set to float? That would give you the X.XXXX format (well in 9.6 I only get two decimal places).
Integer will give you the "standard" 0-255. Same in Layout except it's under General settings.

The DefautOjectColor 7...... not sure. Just a guess, but in Madno's image above I believe DefaultSketchColor 0 refers to it's position on the dropdown list. Black=0 (first on list)
Again I'm guessing because I'm really not sure about the "-1".