PDA

View Full Version : Layered Texture - Problem

Mr_Dope
12-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to get into rigging and run into a problem with a texture. The problem is that the up most texture layer of a surface doesn't show up on the model in the viewport.

Here is a detailed description and the scene file if needed: The texture I assigned to the “Face” surface doesn't show up in “Texture Shaded” view in Layout. Always the top texture of the layers is not displayed in the viewport (currently Patricia_Mouth.png). Can someone explain me what I'm doing wrong?

Requirements: LW 11.6 with Plug-ins: DP_ChanInfo (from DP-Kit), AsMs_SQRT-Node (from AS Math Node)

DP-Kit: http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html
AS Math Node: https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/as-math-node/

Sensei
12-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Nodes don't show up in OpenGL viewports...

Enable VPR and you will have preview with nodes.

Mr_Dope
12-16-2013, 12:03 PM
The nodes are only handling the deformation of the rig. All textures are assigned via the Texture Editor like in the old days. :) So they should show up and four of the five texture layers are visible in the viewport, only the top most always disappears even when I reorder the layers.

RebelHill
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Hmm... that is unusual (Ive not used layers in a while now). Perhaps its a bug with GLSL... might be worth fogging if no answer turns up.

tajino
12-16-2013, 01:51 PM
The nodes are only handling the deformation of the rig. All textures are assigned via the Texture Editor like in the old days. :) So they should show up and four of the five texture layers are visible in the viewport, only the top most always disappears even when I reorder the layers.

Looks like you ran into the max visible layers of LW GLSLShaders which is 6 layers I think, that is first 6 texture layers counting from bottom up. If you move Patricia_Mouth.png one layer down the list it should show up.

I would consider this a limitation.

Mr_Dope
12-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Thanks tajino for the explanation, that's exactly what causes the issue. I've never realized that limitation, I hope the next version brings nodal texture display in OpenGL view.

jeric_synergy
12-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Good find.

I wonder what's keeping VPR from working in LWM.

tajino
12-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks tajino for the explanation, that's exactly what causes the issue. I've never realized that limitation, I hope the next version brings nodal texture display in OpenGL view.

I hoped for that too, it is ridiculous that nodal texture after so many versions of LW still didn't get worked on to show in OpenGL.