PDA

View Full Version : Node editor doesn't like PNG's, correct?

djwaterman
12-16-2013, 04:25 AM
I have found after about an hour of not having my expected texture maps showing that the node editor doesn't seem to accept pngs, or know how to see their alpha channels. Is this how it is or could it just be me and my laptop? Seems a little backward if it's the case.

Dodgy
12-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Pngs work fine for me, in that the colour channel comes out of the colour output(where the alpha is greater than 0), and the alpha comes out the alpha output, and I've used them a lot.

djwaterman
12-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I loaded up one of my other models to look at the textures and I've used PNGs in the node editor successfully in the past. I suspect it's my Dell and AMD graphics card issue, I'm unable to use switchable graphics since updating to Windows 8.1 so I'm operating on the standard Windows card instead I think. PSD's seem to work.

raw-m
12-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Check whether or not your pngs have been "indexed" - ie got a colour palette. I've had trouble with transparency and indexed pngs so it might not be your issue. Open them up in PS and make sure they are RGB (and not Index).

Skonk
12-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Images set to CMYK will cause issues, so check that too.