PDA

View Full Version : Burn to DVD

sward
11-17-2003, 08:57 AM
I would like to render my project and burn it to a DVD. Is this possible straight from VT3?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Ian Austen
11-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Scott ,how I am trying to burn is by saving my project as a avi wrapper then out to an external program. I am attempting this as I type. Eugene is the one that can best answer this but as he has a tutorial in one of the forms here on the whole process . but the short answer is no you cant directly from toaster burn to DVD

Jim_C
11-17-2003, 11:37 AM
1-Save with avi wrapper. Take wrapped file directly into Adobe Encore or the like.Encore can do encoding to mpeg2.
2-Save as a VT-Edit project. Import project directly into TMPGEnc, convert to mpeg2 (mpv and wav).Use file in DVD Authoring Program.
3-Render entire project as RTV or AVI import into TMPGEnc, convert to mpg2.Use file in DVD authoring program.(probably least needed since you can just import VT-Edit projects)

VT3 does not export mpeg2 directly thus the need for TMPGEnc or Encore(or such) to convert. Many have said teh Encore encoder is as good as TMPGEnc. If I have the time I still use TMPGEnc. More control.