PDA

View Full Version : Help on Help. Fi Help?

djwaterman
12-15-2013, 11:47 PM
This has bothered me for a while and I have just ended up ignoring it, but it shouldn't even be a issue.

My problem is that when I go to the Help/contents/F1, all that happens is a note pad opens up with a bunch of HTML. How can I get this to work so that a web browser (presumably the one I'm using) opens up with the contents page like it is mean't to be?

Am I really the only one having this weird problem, it seems to have started with Version 11 but I'm not sure anymore. Sometimes I want to see what the official documentation says about something without having to google it or ask the forum.

Waves of light
12-16-2013, 04:54 AM
DJ, are you on windows? It maybe that your PC has .html files or .htm files set to open in notepad. save out any .html page and rmb click - open with - choose your browsers .exe and click the 'use this as default' (or whatever text it says - sorry, not at PC at the moment)

djwaterman
12-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Thank Waves, I went into the actual help files and changed the properties to first Chrome (that didn't work good) and then "sigh" Internet Explorer, which does work, so Help is now working.

Waves of light
12-16-2013, 08:52 AM
It won't work in chrome as the helpfiles use frames and that doesn't play well with chrome.

cheers,
Ricky.