PDA

View Full Version : Chapter points in Encore

Ian Austen
11-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I am just embarking on creating my first dvd project., I am sure at some point I have read in the form that VT3 supports making chapter points that would be able to be used by an external dvd program , what are the shortcuts for creating these, I looked in "F1" and found no reference to chapter points

Kurt_Henning
11-17-2003, 03:42 PM
AS I understand it, you are supposed to make timeline marrks in VT=edit and NOT on the clip itself.

Then this VT-Edit project is saved as an .avi project

then, this file is supposed to load into your DVD authoring program and let you go thru that process

I do not know if this is current or a future thing

I think it is a great idea

the next step would be to carry the text data from the timeline marker that would be the NAME of the chapter

That would be pretty cool

I use encore and do not think it is currently implemented, but the engineers have made mention that this is a goal. Or who knows, maybe it already works. Funny thing about newtek, sometimes you think you have stumbled onto a big problem,just to learn it is most likely user error or when you contact them they reply "yeah, we caught that, too."

Paul_NEWTEKGUY_Lara would probaly be a good one to ask

Paul Lara
11-18-2003, 08:05 AM
At the moment, Adobe doesn't support chapter markers imbedded within the AVI file, which is how VT-Edit does this.

Ian Austen
11-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Thats a shame
Is the process within VT3 edit to just add markers in the project.
What external DVD creation programs recognize VT3 chapter markers