PDA

View Full Version : Instance with randomised Object

maschinsky
12-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to model a block-style residential building with 24 floors and 9 balconies across:118717 My idea was to model 5 different balconies and have instanced distribute the different balconies randomly. I just can't seem to find a way to make instanced randomly pick one of several objects instead of replicating the same one. Is there a way of doing that?
If I can make that work my plan would be to divide the balconies even further with random satellite dishes, air conditioning units etc.

Sanchon
12-15-2013, 02:28 PM
You can use null with instancer which have more than one objects ( instances ) attached to it - balcony objects in this example. Only one of them will be rendered. Any other copy of this null will render different randomly chosen instance. You can randomizing it by self using different "random seed" values. Every null must be equally distributed. You can do this converting points from modeler to layout nulls - using external plugin.

Another method is to use points with instances - balconies. You can attach weight map to that points for setting instances rotation. I use this method for cars placement in car park. Every balcony should have the same width.

Another method is to use LW CAD instancing system in Modeler. One balcony - one LW CAD instance object. You can manually copy and place one type of balcony ( lw cad instance ) for whole building and after that you can manually change any of balconies to antoher types using LW CAD Insatnce Manager. I do it for fast placement of different windows types but there is no problem to do it with any type of objects.

djwaterman
12-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Geez you guys are smart. And nice model.