PDA

View Full Version : Poor documentation and tutorials and some problems

spigolo
12-15-2013, 04:30 AM
I'm a bit disappointed by the very poor manual that comes with nevronmotion and also the disorganization about content and samples..
You have repeating stuff between the lw content and the nevronmotion content and the genoma one etc. etc.
Once you have fighted with this stuff and try to follow the tutorials and understand where are the objects etc you have to do the exercises.
I have to admit that i have a very basic knowledge of genoma and of kinematic but there are some things of the tutorials that i don0t succeed to work..

When I import and fbx motion file i can see lot of nulls but is impossible to see the bones despite they are there..what do I do wrong?
The tutorials says that you have to select all the bones in yur carachter and assigna 0,0,0 value in the rotation to put the character in a T pose, but this doesen't happen all bones goes towards the z directions..

Not seeing bones of the fbx it's hard to align the 2 skeletons..

Any suggestions?

CaptainMarlowe
12-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Just a question, is auto key ON ? It has to be for bah. I don't know if it is the same for fox mocap.

samscudder
12-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Did you have the joints style set to Maya when you imported the file? I imported an FBX file from the internet, and the bones were all disconnected until I fixed that option.

Another thing could be the scale. Try loading just the motion file, and press A. You should see the skeleton. If the scale was a wildly different size from your model, you might only see a cluster of nulls when you imported it.