PDA

View Full Version : difference between LWDE et LW 7.5

astreyon
11-17-2003, 06:51 AM
hy all, just a little question:
what's the difference between lightwave discovery edition and Lightwave 7.5c ?

thanks guys ;)

gjjackson
11-17-2003, 08:55 AM
One thing is you're limited to 400 points, I think. This may be all right for getting the feel of the software but doesn't allow much. Also the connection between Layout and Modeler via the Hub isn't active. I would've preferred to see the features there but do a watermark or something such as that for limitations. Then there's always the student version if you qualify. So as a result it can make for an expensive hobby, learning experience, in order to eventually profit from it.

gjjackson
11-19-2003, 02:09 PM
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/misc/LWDE.zip

gjjackson
11-19-2003, 07:28 PM
I had quickly browsed this thread and didn't read completely. It still took a couple of minutes to actually find it. You go to the FTP site and it's surely not obvious. Earlier I was looking for the Video tutorials they had, but couldn't find them anywhere. I did happen to see them on 3dBuzz, I think. I'm not sure Newtek is that interested in promoting their product that way. When I first inquired into LW it was said to send an email for a CD of the Discovery Edition. I never did get it. It seems they are more interested in selling their Educational version. I've seen a lot of educational versions of LW on Ebay for about the price you'd normally pay for it. I sent a message to one person about that because his price was higher than buying it off the shelf.