PDA

View Full Version : No more keyframing!

raw-m
12-13-2013, 04:15 AM
I realise I'll probably get shot out the water over this one, however….

Been working in a couple of other (nameless) 3D apps recently. I always come back to LW but one overriding impression I get in the other apps is how nice and simple it is to move objects around without having to keyframe after every move. I know about all the Auto Key settings in LW, if I have loads of objects that need shifting around mid animation that don't otherwise move then sending positions back to frame 0 and deleting the ones it's just created is really tedious!

So my feature request is simple - an option to auto keyframe all moves to frame 0 unless there are other keyframes on that objects timeline.

lertola2
12-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Yes, this would be so useful.

xchrisx
12-13-2013, 02:45 PM
evenflcw made a plugin to do this (although I havent tested it myself):
https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/ef-static-channel/

Danner
12-13-2013, 05:49 PM
That is a very clever script, but you have to apply it to every channel you want this to work on... Idealy this should be selectable on the Autokey dropdown options as a behaviour for keyframe updating. Not having this functionality has made me integrate this sequence of keystrokes: "enter, 0, enter, delete, enter" into my automatic muscle memory. (create keyframe, frame 0, accept, delete keyframe, accept)

Now that I think about it.. a script to turn those 5 keystrokes into one would be handy too. I should really take the time to learn lscript I'm always having these kind of ideas.

nickdigital
12-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I made a script that cleans this up. So the idea isn't perfect but it works.

You move your item as you normally would.
Run the script.

The script will create a key at 0 based on where you are, and then delete the key you're on.

raw-m
12-14-2013, 03:08 AM
As Danner says, that's the functionality but would be great applied system wide. Would especially make placing nulls using Spline Control mid-path a little more efficient to use, for instance.

tajino
12-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Or you could use Move Path Tool to move selected items without creating keys, but that's just for move only.

probiner
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
What buggs me more in Layout coming from other apps is that by default on is with the Move active. Any accidental click on the viewport and the stuff goes some namometers off. Doesn't always happen, but I know that because I checkup like crazy, so I lose time on that paranoia... I wish the Transform Tools where more explicit and not mixed up with the Select Tool. (Middle Mouse selection is temperamental).

Cheers

jeric_synergy
12-16-2013, 10:21 PM
I realise I'll probably get shot out the water over this one, however….
Oh, you mean like this 2012 suggestion?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?129718-FReq-per-item-quot-Auto-Key-quot-or-static-items

Apparently it's just not possible to have all channels applied at one time. Or so I'm told by those who know.

And: SECOND on "middle mouse" anything except scrolling.

Now that I think about it.. a script to turn those 5 keystrokes into one would be handy too.

If you own something like a Logitech G13 you can program such a key sequence into it.

raw-m
12-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Or you could use Move Path Tool to move selected items without creating keys, but that's just for move only.

Move tool is great for positions but really needs rotation and scale options to be more useful.