desegno
12-12-2013, 11:44 PM
this is last not commercial work
rhino - lw+kray
best regards
:D

prometheus
12-14-2013, 01:55 PM
quite nice...maybe some more specs or bump correction on the black plastic, also if possible get some bump or slight brush feel in the metal itself, otherwise very good.
and maybe the mesh freezing should be higher at curved areas, looks a little hard edged in some curved parts, or remesh to subdiv surfaces for a smoother look:)

Michael

desegno
12-18-2013, 11:56 PM
hi Michael...your words are esactly!!
think big problems is rhino's nurbs to lw models!!
:)

prometheus
12-19-2013, 12:55 AM
hi Michael...your words are esactly!!
think big problems is rhino's nurbs to lw models!!
:)

Ah..so rhino modeled, that might indeed pose difficulties exporting the mesh to be subpatched in Lightwave.
Maybe in the future look at modo and cad loaders with itīs nice tesselation engine to convert to perfect quads.

Otherwise you need to export higher resolution/denser mesh.
Or simply model it in lightwave from start:)

Michael

Ztreem
12-19-2013, 01:41 AM
No need for subpathces if it's modeled in nurbs, just export it in a higher res from rhino. Use the custom mesh option in rhino for the problematic surfaces. Looks good otherwise.

50one
12-19-2013, 02:21 AM
No need for subpathces if it's modeled in nurbs, just export it in a higher res from rhino. Use the custom mesh option in rhino for the problematic surfaces. Looks good otherwise.

^what the bloke said.

prometheus
12-19-2013, 02:40 AM

True..and thatīs what I said about exporting o ut higher mesh, but you canīt tell with 100% certainty until you render at desired resolution(5x5meter exhibition stand montage) and see how the curves of the mesh becomes hard edged:)

The advantage of subpatch nurbs is that you can control the level of subpatch resolution depending on how close you get with the camera, and without having to go back and re-export again.
so this is something you might not notice until zooming in on a Razor that needs to show the blades spinning in close detail, it might also be more efficient
when animating to keep a lower mesh that is flexible with subpatch detail based on how close the camera comes, rather than having a very dense mesh all through the
animation.

The rendered image is almost enough, but there is a slightly small appearance of the mesh resolution divisions.

desegno
12-19-2013, 07:54 AM
ok. hope in future in connction plugin rhino->lw as modo but i dont think possible!!

prometheus
12-19-2013, 08:11 AM
ok. hope in future in connction plugin rhino->lw as modo but i dont think possible!!

Some corrections from me I think:)

firstly...I mentioned subpatched nurbs, that is wrong terminology for it, It is subpatched mesh, not nurbs.
Also, what I mentioned with cad loaders in modo, that might not work with rhino to modo..not sure about that, the cad loaders I know will load sldasm,sldprt(solidworks format) and includes a tesselation engine to convert the mesh to
quads, now...I donīt know if it could handle any other cad format and also convert that to quads, from what I can see, rhino doesnīt have sldasm,sldprt export, the cad loader plugin for modo might be able to handle IGE,dxf the same way..but I
honestly donīt know.
Then I think the pricetag for the cad loaders for modo is quite high.

Im not fully aware of how well rhino exports, or which would be the best, ideally would be a good export format with options for ngons/quads perhaps.
Moi is also a cheap alternativ for controlling mesh export I think, but it canīt handly extremly large and dense meshes well.
You could try download the trial versions that allows for saving within a couple of days, to check if your rhino files could be loaded in moi and exported out with better control than rhino itself.
Moi has two trial versions, one without time limit, but you canīt save anything, and then a time limited version that you can save out files with.

Michael