PDA

View Full Version : Free Script: Save Selected (Objects) to Folder

Matt
12-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Needed this for something, thought others might find it useful.

Allows the selected objects in Layout to be saved to a folder en-masse. Useful for duplicating assets in the same folder under a different name, or making quick copies into another folder while remaining in Layout.

Has options for renaming by simple prefix / suffix options.

Hope you find it useful. As usual, any bugs / feature requests, give me a shout.

Cheers
Matt

ary3d
12-12-2013, 08:20 PM
thanks!

chikega
12-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Just what the doctor ordered. Thanks Matt! :)

Matt
12-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I should point out, that once saved into the new location, the objects in that scene then point to that new location, which was the whole purpose of writing this!

H_Molla
12-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks matt, very handy...
Any news about " road map to next step " after the success of 11.6 :-)

vector
12-13-2013, 01:41 AM
Oops

Line 126,invalid argument 1 type to AddToSelection()

With two different scenes, but it did it correctly

Matt
12-13-2013, 03:35 AM
Oops

Line 126,invalid argument 1 type to AddToSelection()

With two different scenes, but it did it correctly

You're saying it does this all the time? Odd, I never get this. Lemme check it out though.

Matt
12-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Although, I did just find an issue. Layered objects, it doesn't like them! Lemme sort that!

Note to Self: Whenever making scripts that deal with objects, always test multi-layered objects! Doh!

vector
12-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the effort. Sometimes a certain scene needs its own version of object/s and this is a very useful tool for getting that

raw-m
12-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Very handy! Is the original link the updated version?

daforum
02-15-2014, 05:40 AM
Has this been updated and anyone had any issues?

spherical
02-15-2014, 05:41 PM
I should point out, that once saved into the new location, the objects in that scene then point to that new location, which was the whole purpose of writing this!

Any possibility of a switch to not alter the current scene file? Often I find that things are progressing down an unexpected, uncharted path and I need to leave some breadcrumbs along the way, so as to retain this state and move forward non-destructively. If I understand, selecting a folder of my choice then makes two object locations; one apart from the project content directory. I'd prefer to keep LW's standard content structure per-project and save off to another location transparently. OR, does it alter the scene file and also save it to the new project's /scenes directory, along with the new project's /objects directory? If the latter, perfect. Just make sure I save the scene prior to running the script.