PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 3D - Architectural Showreel compilation

prometheus
12-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi there folks...
Nice images and animations indeed, Itīs a compiled architectural showreel from some of the studios using Lightwave, for those who didnīt receive any email notification.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV2lUWnIMt8

Michael

Waves of light
12-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Some excellent pieces of work in there. Great reel.

saranine
12-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Nice! Do you know if it was all rendered in Lightwave? Or was some other tool such as V Ray used?

alexs3d
12-13-2013, 12:27 AM
nice compilation

prometheus
12-13-2013, 02:57 AM
Nice! Do you know if it was all rendered in Lightwave? Or was some other tool such as V Ray used?

I donīt know for sure, but I find it highly unlikly that VRay was used, the information given in the lightwave official youtube page is this...
"Our newest reel showcasing some of the best LightWave architectural renderings from our key studios and users"

So I doubt Vray was used if they got Lightwave to do the work in the first place, octane or kray might have been used, since those are working
plugin pipelines with Lightwave...but I wouldnīt be surprised if all is just native renders.

Michael

50one
12-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Some excellent work in there for sure!

antik22
12-17-2013, 02:59 AM
I think it's all pure LightWave, thats why in the beggining it's says LightWave 3D Group Architectural Showreel. well at least my motion was modeled and rendered with LightWave ;D
p.s. Very cool effects in some of the animations, love it!!!

medzo
12-17-2013, 03:08 AM
It would make so much sense if we had tutorials from start to finish how to achieve this kind of results.

allabulle
12-17-2013, 04:09 AM
Nice reel indeed. And congratulations to all exposed in it. I'm glad that the LW3DG is releasing this kind of videos regularly, or competitions, conferences... And it's done professionally.

A surprise and concern, though: what a pity to learn this is yet another e-mail I didn't get. Last time it happened I e-mailed CS and it was apparently solved, fast and kindly. Now I'm out again. I wonder how many of us aren't getting this e-mails and why. I'm not angry but surprised, maybe there's some complication there I can't seem to imagine as to why this is unsolvable.

So thanks for posting the link, prometheus. I would have probably missed the video.

antik22
12-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Most of it done with animated Nulls and Nodes I think. I love walking people, birds and and crown in the stadium, but I think some of them just post effects done in composing packages. I'm wondering where I can get walking humans ? For my 3D animation work. It's easy to make moving cars, but people, just never have time for this task.

prometheus
12-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Nice reel indeed. And congratulations to all exposed in it. I'm glad that the LW3DG is releasing this kind of videos regularly, or competitions, conferences... And it's done professionally.

A surprise and concern, though: what a pity to learn this is yet another e-mail I didn't get. Last time it happened I e-mailed CS and it was apparently solved, fast and kindly. Now I'm out again. I wonder how many of us aren't getting this e-mails and why. I'm not angry but surprised, maybe there's some complication there I can't seem to imagine as to why this is unsolvable.

So thanks for posting the link, prometheus. I would have probably missed the video.

Some pigeons loose their orientation due to earth magnetic distortions, maybe solar winds or pigeons getting drunk from some human pollution, and thus the letters donīt reach their destined adress.
For that reason and other reasons ..I started to think that just maybe the same factors have been affecting those responsible for the e-mails :) :) ..so to be safe I wanted to spread the word.

Michael

djwaterman
12-17-2013, 04:32 AM
It's supposed to be all native LW renders, they specifically requested only LW rendered work when they put out the call for submissions.

prometheus
12-17-2013, 04:36 AM
Most of it done with animated Nulls and Nodes I think. I love walking people, birds and and crown in the stadium, but I think some of them just post effects done in composing packages. I'm wondering where I can get walking humans ? For my 3D animation work. It's easy to make moving cars, but people, just never have time for this task.

You could make a walk cycle in daz..daz is free you know, you might want to buy additional figures though, or make figures with cloths yourself.
there is a tutorial up on youtube on how to make a daz figure to walk in place, just search for it, preferably use genesis figures and export to fbx format so you get the walk animation in there.

Then itīs just a matter of creating the walk path in lightwave itself since it is only walking in place, preferably you would also make sure to create a long frame animation within daz first to ensure covering the animation in lightwave, or you have to do workarounds for the cycle walk.

Perhaps also scan the motion of the figure and save to mdd,so you can skip the bones later on, either by using mdd reader or clothfx scan motion, and that should be able to repeat the motion in cycles.

Michael

THIBAULT
12-17-2013, 06:53 AM

Some AXYZ animated models for me ! I use it !

JonW
12-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I was starting to wonder what happened to this. Got my one in there at 2:35.

Some nice stuff in the video and a lot or work in all the jobs!

antik22
12-17-2013, 02:17 PM
You could make a walk cycle in daz..daz is free you know, you might want to buy additional figures though, or make figures with cloths yourself.
there is a tutorial up on youtube on how to make a daz figure to walk in place, just search for it, preferably use genesis figures and export to fbx format so you get the walk animation in there.

Then itīs just a matter of creating the walk path in lightwave itself since it is only walking in place, preferably you would also make sure to create a long frame animation within daz first to ensure covering the animation in lightwave, or you have to do workarounds for the cycle walk.

Perhaps also scan the motion of the figure and save to mdd,so you can skip the bones later on, either by using mdd reader or clothfx scan motion, and that should be able to repeat the motion in cycles.

Michael

Thank you Michael, I'm downloading daz right now! I make couple 3d humans in the Poser just like you saying, walk cycle but make it short and was thinking to loop it in motion editor, then make walk path. but I have to match it with the speed of walk cycle character . So I dropped this since I was out of time. I should check tutorials on youtube and implement this on my next animation project. Thank you for the tip!

antik22
12-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks THIBAULT, there are some really nice animated models on AXYZ !!!

prometheus
12-17-2013, 11:46 PM
aniMate2: Tutorial: 4. Walk in Place...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1unZt4_Vp1g

Hail
12-18-2013, 05:15 AM
It would make so much sense if we had tutorials from start to finish how to achieve this kind of results.

+1!
I have often wondered why there are no such tutorials for lw :(

prometheus
12-20-2013, 03:35 AM
For antik22 and others, I made a text dummy for making a daz walk cycle, and get it to lightwave walking along a path...check this thread.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?139280-Simple-walk-cycle-dummy-Daz-genesis-to-lightwave
Michael