PDA

View Full Version : Create Morph for High Dense Mesh - Best way?

Lee Groves
12-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi.
I have a high dense mesh of a Female Head.
I would like to keep the high density to retain the model's details but I am finding it difficult to create a morph for it. Like a smile, a frown ect.
Can anyone suggest which tool or combination of tools or work flow approach that would make it easier to create the morphs?

Thanks.
Lee Groves

nickdigital
12-12-2013, 11:17 AM
You could hide the part you don't need and then use the tools with a falloff. Modifying a highly dense object like that and trying to create organic morphs is going to be difficult. I think the usual workflow is to use displacement and normal maps on a low rez model.

Another option would be to use bones in Layout and then save out your model as a Save Transformed version to apply as a morph in Modeler.

Lee Groves
12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi Nick.
Thanks for that. The second option looks easier for me. I did not think of that approach.
Thanks again.
Lee.

Ryan Roye
12-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Try combining Nick's suggestion with this little trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrzn8x0j6sQ

RebelHill
12-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah, like Nick says, thats gonna be exceedingly hard to do in modeler... Using bones in layout is going to have its own set of problems, sure as heck I wouldnt want to do it. Though, whatever you get, you can "save endomorph" directly to the deformed object wihtout the need to save transformed and push that into a morph in modeler.

probiner
12-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Chronosculpt :)

But seriously a sculpting app that keeps your UVs + this (http://www.artstorm.net/plugins/conform-by-uv/) will do fine.

Cheers

Lee Groves
12-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all your replies. I have gone from 'no idea' to many options! :-)

OFF
12-14-2013, 10:00 AM
You can create a low-poly version of its object, assign at her morphs, animate morphs in the layout and transfer the deformation on the high poly model (FX_MetaLink).

hrgiger
12-14-2013, 10:21 AM
well if you had zbrush you could retopo the mesh and project your higher rez detail onto the lower mesh retopo. Its really only the practical method of dealing with high detail models. For future reference I would avoid being in the situation where you have to manipulate a dense mesh in modeler.

jasonwestmas
12-14-2013, 04:10 PM
yeah zbrush, Chronosculpt or modo. Zbrush is cheaper than modo of course and has a direct connection to the endomorph list in modeler via GoZ. Modo is nice because it can create dense enomorphs for you and exports to lwo.