PDA

View Full Version : Which part of the CG pipeline most suits a 3D shape person?

saranine
12-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Sometimes you have an ability that you think is normal. Until you realize that..um...nobody else can do this. At least, you never meet anyone else who can do it.

I have always been good at thinking in 3D shapes. I used to spend boring bus trips thinking up the craziest, most complicated patterns of overlapping spheres, pyramids and every other shape that you can think of. I could do them as mental line art or in full colours. I never told anybody about this. It was just something that I enjoyed doing. I can also move/animate any of the shapes in any way that I wish to. I often joke that my brain must have a Maya or Lightwave chip in it. Moreover nobody in the education system has ever given me a 3D task to do. I am basically untrained/unsupported/unrecognized for the abilities that I have. I also make shapes like this with no strain and no effort. For me it is as easy as being able to walk.

So, since I missed out on the more obvious applications for this [architect, engineer, molecular scientists etc...society wants people to cure cancer, then make an educational system that rewards such abilities] I am here in graphics design/CG planet!

Do I have any special place in the CG pipeline? Or am I like those superheroes who all have a useless ability? :D

geo_n
12-11-2013, 03:54 PM
UX designer. But it can get boring unless its a cool product.
Sorry you meant cg pipeline not a job specifically. Shapes and forms that means modelling or sculpting.

nickdigital
12-11-2013, 03:54 PM
My guess is Modeling is where you're talent will excel the most.

saranine
12-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Jobs are good too. What is a UX designer? You design the GUI of software?

geo_n
12-11-2013, 10:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_experience_design

If you're working on cool projects its actually pretty fun to do and its not just designing software. You can work on ergonomics and usability of real products.