PDA

View Full Version : TC-410 Blu Ray thru available input?

pattonj
12-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Has anyone successfully used a Blu Ray player as one of the components for your TC 410?

We're a church and have a paid license to use copy protected material (Movie clips etc...) and have been doing so on our analog system for years. We're currently switching our system over to digital but when I hook up a blu ray I get no picture on the tricaster. I'm guessing it's an HDCP issue - has anyone been able to bypass that? I've tried a couple of things:

started with: Blu Ray --> HDMI to SDI converter --> TriCaster SDI Input #4 (result = blank screen)

Blu Ray --> Monoprice DVI to HDMI converter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038XNTWW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)(supposedly to strip HDCP??) ---> HDMI to SDI converter --> TriCaster SDI Input #4 (result = Black screen)

Our analog system is: DVD player ---> "Video Enhancer" (removes Copy Protect) ---> TriCaster Studio (analog) - this works perfectly.

When I run this set up: Blu Ray --> HDMI to SDI converter --> SDI to HDMI converter --> TV Monitor The picture shows up perfectly

Blu Ray --> Monoprice DVI to HDMI converter (supposedly to strip HDCP??) ---> HDMI to SDI converter --> SDI to HDMI converter --> TV - the picture shows up perfectly

so it seems that the tricaster is stopping it for some reason - any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

rally1
12-10-2013, 01:21 PM
What do you have the BluRay and TC input set to? 720p, 1080i?
That device does strip HDCP.

pattonj
12-11-2013, 12:54 PM
What do you have the BluRay and TC input set to? 720p, 1080i?
That device does strip HDCP.

Thanks Rally1 - got it. my blu ray was set on auto resolution and for some reason even when I selected 1080i (same as TC) it would reset back to 1080p on it's own. figured out how to get it to stay at 1080i and now it's all good. thanks!