PDA

View Full Version : Does Aura 1.0 still have any resale value?

StephenThorburn
12-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I have an old Aura 1.0 disk, manual and dongle, and I wish to sell it on Ebay. I have no idea if it has any resale value. Does anyone know if it is worth anything today, and if so, how much would be a fair offer?

Thanks,

Stephen

raymondtrace
12-11-2013, 11:12 AM
A good way to check value is to see if it has been auctioned elsewhere on eBay. Considering that it is discontinued, that there was a more recent release before it died, and that there was once a free "DV" release, you may have trouble giving it away for free.

StephenThorburn
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
A good way to check value is to see if it has been auctioned elsewhere on eBay. Considering that it is discontinued, that there was a more recent release before it died, and that there was once a free "DV" release, you may have trouble giving it away for free.

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Maybe the manual has value. Nothing came up on Ebay.

I appreciate the reply.

Stephen

raymondtrace
12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
The manual is probably already available as a PDF download somewhere.

Version 2's manual is here...
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/Aura/

jeric_synergy
12-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I have SO much of stuff of that nature-- a lot of Amiga stuff!

At this point it's more of a completionist collector item, not a real tool. (Which is maddening when the ancient software does ONE thing supremely well, and better than newer software.)

BTW, old ZORK games sell suprisingly well on eBay, esp. if you have all the original packaging.

raymondtrace
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Vintage software collection is a shrinking market... as more and more people realize that archiving old software is about as useful as collecting banana peels. :)

jeric_synergy
12-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Well, it's no more useless than collecting match boxes, pogs, beanie babies, commemorative plates, etc.

pnelson
07-19-2016, 11:14 PM
HA!!!

jasonwestmas
07-20-2016, 07:08 AM
There is always a place for collectibles as long as the material is in great or mint condition.

jeric_synergy
07-20-2016, 09:27 AM
In that case I'll have to put up my Aura manual, it's in great shape. ;)