PDA

View Full Version : Linking two TriCaster 855/860 together

Malapati
12-06-2013, 03:04 AM
Hi All,

I'm wondering if you can help me out with a clever solution for the following:

We have 2 x TriCaster 855s (one will soon be upgraded to an 860) and are doing a 12 camera shoot.
Is there a clever way of linking these two TriCasters together to achieve this and possibly mix on one Control Panel only?

Cheers
Nino

JPulera
12-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi Nino,

I would attach the 5 least-used cameras to TC #1, then take the output from that into an input on TC #2, along with the other 7 camera inputs. Someone will need to manually control the switching of cameras on TC #1, not going to control that from TC #2. Simply use the keyboard to switch TC #1, no need for entire second Control Surface on the desk for cuts-only between cameras.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

SBowie
12-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Another possibility (not to try to tell you how to budget) is to consider swapping the two 8xx units for an 8000, which would let you use an inexpensive video router to expand your source options, and provide a simpler workflow.

Malapati
12-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the response. That is obviously the most logical way, which is what we had planned on doing.
I was hoping to find a simpler solution... having to cut in the other sources during a fast paced music show becomes a little bit tricky.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Steve,
Thanks, yes the 8000 is on the cards, but at this stage we have to use what we have :)

PIZAZZ
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Hey there Nino, been a long time.

You could use Dhomas's (Youngmonkey) Master Control to do exactly what you are talking about. You could even use a control surface to trigger the touchpanel macros to make it easier on the Tech Dir.

Set it up so that the Master Control does control both TriCasters and spread your cameras across in a logical fashion that works for you.

OR

Set it up with a single TriCaster fed by a BlackMagic 40x40 videohub SDI router then use macros to move the blocks of cameras around to where you need them.
I have done larger events like this before. Luckily those larger events didn't require us to go from Camera 3 to Camera 14 directly. Each group of cameras were 3-4 cameras per stage and we went from group to group around the grounds to the broadcast.