PDA

View Full Version : "LightWave 11 Gallery" vs "LW - Gallery - Finished"

ArtGoblin
12-03-2013, 04:57 PM
ummm... so, I haven't been very active on the forums lately. So I forgot, what is the difference between "LightWave 11 Gallery" and "LW - Gallery - Finished"? Are there any rules/general guideline differences there

Mostly wondering becouse I just bought a licence for LW 11 and I can't wait to start producing with Lightwave again :D man it feels like I'm back home

Snosrap
12-03-2013, 09:13 PM
ummm... so, I haven't been very active on the forums lately. So I forgot, what is the difference between "LightWave 11 Gallery" and "LW - Gallery - Finished"? Good question!

spherical
12-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Seems to me that one is LW11-specific. "Work-in-Progress" and "Finished" have been around for a long time. Check the Thread and Post counts.

50one
12-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I think I've asked this question in the past, what's the point of having so many section? Can someone clean them up and bring the forim up-to-date? The response I got (it wasn't anyone from Newtek btw) was something like if you're not happy with some section just collapse them.....andq the "finished" is for all versions of lightwave, while the "11" is for current version:)

I think this is one of the worst managed forum I've ever seen, probably due to fact that there is no one who can work on it full time at Newtek(judging by the bugs that were here for like I don't know years? And the whole redirect thing which took months to repair with no official statements form Newtek, besides the search function is still f'up and it's better to use google...

bazsa73
12-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Blame the management. They wanted to emphasize what has been made with their latest release. Usually a lots of chromeballs on fields of FFX grass or rerendered scenes made with earlier versions where folks cand dispute over the various rendersettings for DOF.

50one
12-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Blame the management. They wanted to emphasize what has been made with their latest release. Usually a lots of chromeballs on fields of FFX grass or rerendered scenes made with earlier versions where folks cand dispute over the various rendersettings for DOF.

So true, there should only be "WIP" and "Final gallery", or another place where the images would be approved by someone...

Anyway, there's been so many great suggestions made over the past years by all the folks that are here and I'm surprised no one is listening...crazy. Well, but it's the usual way of doing things @ N, so there will be no change in that domain - I suppose the management/directors are some sort of dinosaurs still living in 80's - I worked in the past in similar company I think:)...

Let the LW3DG focus on the software, clearly the forum still belongs to Newtek.

Would be great to have the LW Forum separated tho

spherical
12-04-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm okay with the separate galleries but the introduction of the new NevronMotion section in the middle of the LightWave sections just seems... to not flow well. Put it down with ChronoSculpt, so it makes sense. Keep all of the LW-specific sections together.

djwaterman
12-04-2013, 02:39 AM
If you did it with LW 11 or above then you can post in the LW 11 gallery. You can also post it in the other ones, but you can't post stuff done with older versions of LW in the LW 11 gallery. Simple, but a little redundant also, it made more sense at the time when 11 was introduced.

Waves of light
12-04-2013, 03:58 AM
We've been here before, I seem to remember. The issue is that it's a NT forum that covers all NT products and because of that it's never going to get split nor ported across to a new one. It would be too much time and effort. If they were to start a new forum I guarantee we'd lose all the older posts from the old forum.

As for thread folders/sections, yes, it can be a little confusing at times as where best to post WIPs, Final work, etc.

ArtGoblin
12-04-2013, 06:05 AM
So basically we are encouraged to "double-post" anything made with Lightwave3D 11.x (both WIP and Final Work). Yeah, I guess redundant is the right word for it :D I think I may just be to much of a neatfreak to handle this kind of "un-structure". To be fair I'm glad that Newtek has spent more energy listening to users in regards to the actual development of the software than the upkeep and management of these forums... but surely LW11.6 is going to sell so well that they'll sure have enough money to do the forums as well :)

Kuzey
12-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Well..they could always rename it LW12 gallery...problem solved :P