PDA

View Full Version : sculpt on model

nnabdu
12-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Can I sculpt my logo on the model ( ex : a cup or medal I want my logo on the surface ) ..
like this

and I want to ask all ,, what is the best software for sculpting ,, is it ZBrush or Bodypaint 3d , or Coat 3d ?
thanks all

probiner
12-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Does it stand really out or a simple normal map would do? even a mesh could be conformed to surface no? Don't see how a sculting app will favor you if the sculpt contentes are not organic.

Cheers

nnabdu
12-03-2013, 02:25 PM
It's an example ,, but I want do more than this ,, but my Q is is it possible to do like this in corono sculpt?
and for the aother softwares , what do oyu think is the best of them??

great

probiner
12-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Chronosculpt is more of an animation cache offset tweaker than a sculpt tool for modeling. Haven't use it cause there is no demo yet, but you won't find the sculpt toolset and workflows present in sculpt apps.
Well, I think you can't go wrong with ZBrush, though it can be expensive depending on the budget, 3D-Coat not as nice as ZB for sculpting but still can pull out a lot.
There is also Mudbox and Mari, but those start to go quite a bit in price.

Cheers

nnabdu
12-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Mudbox from Autodesk therefore it's for Maya and all Autodesk staff..
So, the only one that we have for Lightwave 3d ( Zbrush ) ,,,
thanks all

Areyos Alektor
12-09-2013, 10:29 AM
No there not only "ZBrush". The bridge between "3D-Coat" and "LightWave" existed before that with "ZBrush". "3D-Coat" has always worked with "LightWave" even when it was called "3DBrush" ;)

In your case "ChronoSculpt" is off topic. I would advise you more a good picture software ("Gimp", "Paint Shop Pro", "Photoshop", ...) and in addition a software program like "ShaderMap 2" :

http://shadermap.com/home/

Use a "Normal Map", or "Subdivision" and a "Displacement Map".

jwiede
12-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Mudbox from Autodesk therefore it's for Maya and all Autodesk staff..

Mudbox works with any software that'll IO accessible formats to/from it, which includes LW. It is by no means an AD-only product.

3D-Coat is as viable an option for LW as ZBrush, more so in some ways, as they've closely supported LW longer.

That said, I'm with Areyos, this type of relief work is much, much better done with normal or displacement mapping. Buying (and learning) a sculpting app just for this task would be a waste of time and effort.

jasonwestmas
12-14-2013, 02:11 PM
for relief bump mapping something complex, the "fastest higher quality" way is to use something like crazy bump or bitmap2material to create a displacement or normal map. . .not to use a sculpting application.