PDA

View Full Version : Chamfer under "Sequence" -- huh?

jeric_synergy
12-02-2013, 06:59 PM
When you SEARCH for CHAMFER in the LWM Menu Editor, it appears with other tools in a category named "Sequence".

About all the tools in Sequence seem to have in common is they are NEW-ish.

Why "Sequence"? :confused:

Silkrooster
12-10-2013, 11:18 PM
I am betting it was the lack of organization on someone's part. Probably ran out of time for when it was to be released. Just a guess though...

BeeVee
12-13-2013, 07:02 AM
It's because these tools all require a sequence of events to work, so for Align, you click the poly you want to align, then the poly you want to align to and when that operation is complete you can move, rotate, stretch the first polys you selected. All in a sequence...

B

jeric_synergy
12-13-2013, 10:12 AM
#skepticalface

I understand what you're saying, but it seems a problematical word choice. "Reference" or "Combo" would work as well.

Even though Modeler is making static entities, the word "Sequence" has too many other implications in an animation environment.

But, there are bigger fish to fry....

Silkrooster
12-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Ah yeah, that makes sense now that it is explained to me. I think most users assume video sequence. It would make more sense, if the grouping in the editor matched the UI grouping. (And yes, I can see an issue with that as well, having to do with menu presets) Then nobody would need to have to explain it. But as Jeric states, way more important topics to deal with.