PDA

View Full Version : Pegboard

Stephen0523
12-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Hello. I am trying to create a pegboard like the attached but it is crashing my Modeler when I try to perform a Boolean. Is there an easier way to do this, or would anyone have this low file they might be able to send?

RebelHill
12-02-2013, 01:09 PM
If you're trying to make a "box" and boolean into that, Id suggest first trying instead to just cut into a single flat poly, and then extrude that out after.

Alternatively, it may well be the large number of intersections thats sending it a bit mad... try instead to make a lil 2X2 square, then use the array tool to multiply it and stitch them together to form the whole board.

3DGFXStudios
12-02-2013, 01:10 PM
You can texture it if it's just a single poly or model one hole and than make an array.

Snosrap
12-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Subdivide your box a couple of times before attempting the boolean. Or maybe just use Julienne with several cuts. Or knife it a couple of times before attemping the boolean. You get the picture. :) You won't get any crashing and the boolean will perform a whole lot faster.

Stephen0523
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks all. I got it to work by shutting down, and only running Modeler. I imported an eps of the pegboard, extruded and it worked!