PDA

View Full Version : Cirri 3d scanner works great with Lightwave 3D

Cirri
12-02-2013, 07:42 AM
New professional quality Cirri 3d scanner campaign on Indiegogo is now live! Scans open up great inside Lightwave3D. I hope that as a professional you find Cirri a quality tool with great utility and value. Please click on the link below to discover Cirri and support our campaign
http://igg.me/at/cirri/x/5454819
Thank you,
Brad

Snosrap
12-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Sweet!

Reco
12-03-2013, 03:07 AM
New professional quality Cirri 3d scanner campaign on Indiegogo is now live! Scans open up great inside Lightwave3D. I hope that as a professional you find Cirri a quality tool with great utility and value. Please click on the link below to discover Cirri and support our campaign
http://igg.me/at/cirri/x/5454819
Thank you,
Brad

Thank you for the information.
I am working for a 3D scanning (engineering)company using High end Leica and Faro scanners. What does "Scans open up great inside Lightwave3D" mean?
Does it create LWO object directly, or is it just an obj mesh file that can be generated by any pointclouds.
It would have been something if it could export LWO pointcloud files.

Reco

erikals
12-05-2013, 01:06 AM
looks great, especially for big terrains.

i'd love to see a video on how the software operates though. how many steps that are actually needed.

sounds easy though >

1. Tell Cirri about your camera by inserting a calibration file (which we walk you through how to make), and choose how many megapixels in the photos. Once this is setup it can be used over and over, or you could setup several cameras then choose the camera like you choose a printer.

2. For each scan session you:

a. Enter the approximate distance you are from the object you’re photographing,

b. Choose one of (6) images that most closely represents the scan ie: trinket, , face, body, wall carving, building, mountain. These choices automatically establish the initial scan parameters.

c. By a point and click method you identify common points on each photo (see the videos that shows this from ShapeScan).

d. You click to make the model. After partial number crunching Cirri gives you three preview results.

e. You choose what looks like the best result.

f. The finished 3d scan emerges

g. There may be more tweaking through slide bars and/or another round of preview images – this will be determined by our beta testers.

h. Overlapping 3d scans are combined in a similar way to create a 360 degree model.

i. We’ll have send direct to other software/utility options as our partners develop those add-ons.

j. Or the 3d model can just be saved using a number of common 3d file formats for use later on.