PDA

View Full Version : Raycast riddles

jaxtone
12-02-2013, 02:55 AM
Hi!

Have tried to follow the tutorials to understand how Raycast can help me to get a link system for a trailer to work.
But it doesnīs seem to work at all or maybe I have missed some crucial parts that are not mentioned in the tutor.

Anyway I created a simple image to explain what I want to acchive and are of course grateful if someone with more
skills than me could explain how to solve this riddle!

Jack

3DGFXStudios
12-02-2013, 06:08 AM
You might want to try spline control or some ik setup.

jaxtone
12-02-2013, 06:12 AM
I did try this simple IK setup but wonder why the back parts that are supposed to follow either the red or green cube moves in the opposite direction?

Jack

3DGFXStudios
12-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Are you trying to do this? See attachment.

jaxtone
12-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks for your help... but I got a question about your latest scene file. Maybe thereīs something going on that I have missed but this scene looks really strange to me and its impossible to get into it as usual. Have you used any other OS or software to create this. Donīt understand why every surface is turned inside out and I canīt reach any of the objects as usual inside it. The camera and light views seems to be totally locked and the its impossible to move the other views.

Jack

jaxtone
12-03-2013, 01:29 AM
3DGFXStudios!

Can you please try to make the scene you just sent possible to open and view in LW 11.6?

Jack

3DGFXStudios
12-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Woo That look strange. I'm just using 11.6 on win7 like you are. Nothing fancy. I'll check what wrong.

Ok I checked. I can open my scene but when opening yours I get the same thing you are getting when opening my scene. I don't know what I did the first time to fix this but I think it was just some zooming etc.

3DGFXStudios
12-03-2013, 03:11 AM
You need to press the brackets a few times to fix it (the ones that change the grid size). Than all is fine ;)

jaxtone
12-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Ok! Thanks, gonna look at it again!