PDA

View Full Version : Has the NM group at NT received their Kinect 2 pre-release?

PabloMack
12-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I haven't seen anything from NewTek about their anticipation or plans for support of Kinect 2 for Windows in NevronMotion. I am hoping that their development team has already received their unit and that there is active development going on for this new device in LW. The additional facial expression recognition and other features such as tracking of multiple human figures should make its MoCap capabilities really powerful.

LW_Will
12-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Rob said at the LightWave Creator's Winter Session in Japan on Fri (Sat) that Newtek will work with Kinect v2 as soon as it is released for the PC.

Remember, it took almost 3 years for the Kinect for PC to be released... mostly it was the driver support for the PC.

Areyos Alektor
12-02-2013, 09:09 AM
For the "Windows" version "Microsoft" announced current 2014. It's a little early ;)

PabloMack
12-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Remember, it took almost 3 years for the Kinect for PC to be released... mostly it was the driver support for the PC.

The original Kinect for Windows was released on June 16, 2011 and NevronMotion was first announced on July 23, 2013, just a bit more than two years later. I would presume that it took NT a while to start looking at the original Kinect camera and considering its potential. So NT should not have to start from scratch with the Kinect 2 and should be well up the learning curve. I am hoping they won't need a year to release support for the new camera after they get their hands on one.

Tranimatronic
12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Windows version of kinect2 has been available since November for software developers.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindowsdev/newdevkit.aspx
It would be great to think LW3DG was ahead of the curve integrating this into Nevron.
To me (personally in my workflows), this is would be one of the highest priorities. It would be nice to know what the team are actively developing this (the release version is the same as the beta version dated August this year)

LW_Will
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Apparently, I was wrong...

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/additional-kinect-windows-v2-developer-preview-kits/