PDA

View Full Version : quick loading of transitions

bbailey
11-29-2013, 10:29 AM
I've recently installed the 855 to 860 upgrade. I have a client at a church who, when they use me as an outside video video multi-camera production, likes to use a lot of transitions at any particular shoot. My 855 at least had some easily selectable transitions to move this process along during a production. But now, it's much slower to change an effect. And if you're trying to change an effect to one in the library, it's really slow.

Any one have a solution to being able to load a folder with a large number of transitions that could be set to cycle to the next transition in the list until it runs through the entire list in the folder every time a transition is used? I personally don't care for this kind of production, but, I believe I'd be used more often and could possibly even be able to sell an 860 or even an 8000 to the church if we were able to show them how to do this one trick.

kanep
11-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Do you have a control surface? You can still spin the 'selection' knob to change the effects. Otherwise, macros might do the trick, you could make macros that select each of the different effects and then tie each macro to a keyboard key or control surface. You also add an X-Key's device or MIDI device (like a iPad or Launchpad) if you want to have the effects selectable from an external surface.

Also, a new feature in the 860 is the 5 presets that you can find if you put your pointer on the left edge of the interface by the switcher panel. These 5 presets allow you to have different effect banks setup for the main switcher and DSKs. Only issue (in my option) is that the preset also effect your preview/program row selections, so you need to make sure all of your presets are set on the same program output channel and only change them while on that channel. :(

bbailey
12-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I see. I've glanced thru the manual looking as to ho to load these presets. Haven't found them yet.

SBowie
12-24-2013, 06:59 AM
For reasons I won't go into right now, for 410, 460, 860 and 8000, these are referred to as "MEM slots" - see Section 9.4 (and other places).

bbailey
04-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Kane, I hadn't thought about the knob on my CS. That gets me 9 transitions on the knob. By using the mem roll outs, 5 for the switcher rows, I can load more transitions. As was said, you need to be sure what's punched up before changing to a different mem roll out as it will change the program monitor as a cut when you didn't want a cut. Otherwise, this works great. The TD I was needing this application for has stepped down and the new director will be much less apt to wanna use every pattern in the book for the Sunday church services. But it's definitely nice to know I've gottem if I needum.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Steve, for the re-direct to mem slots. They were an easy setup.

joseburgos
04-06-2014, 10:37 PM
You could also sub switch from the M/E's and have 8 transitions preloaded. You just need to punch the camera you are on then punch the M/E on program bus. Then the next camera on the M/E B bus and pull the T bar or auto it (M/E).
By far the easiest to load would be via a macro. The knob to move the transitions is great but you have to look at the user interface to make sure you are on the right transition. Macro you just map.
Using the M/E is cool though. I do a show where I need to pull both T bars at the same time through out the show and people just watch In Amazement :)

JonRaidel
05-28-2014, 04:07 PM
if you have a free DDR & DSK2. Id suggest making the transitions as .mov clips and using a macro to use DSK2 to fire your transitions. best way to do it in my heavy workload