PDA

View Full Version : Flocking path spiral motion

Boris Goreta
11-23-2013, 05:20 AM
How can I make a flock follow a path but then also move in a spiral motion along this path. I know how to make a path part but I don't know how to make them spiral around it.

Jim M
11-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Make a null (mover) follow a path. Offset another null (spiral) in the Y, parent it to the first null, and rotate mover null on bank.
Make spiral and mover both flock goals and adjust their power to get desired reults.

Haven't tried it...

prometheus
11-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Uhmm, havenīt worked that much with flocking, but how about ordinary wind animation path?, you canīt use any additional wind force like rotate since that will not conform to the path..rather destroy the path, but if you just use the wind animation path with enough handles, you should pick following handles and rotate/twist the handles..that way the particles will follow that twist and sort of spiral its way
through the path.

Michael

Jim M
11-23-2013, 06:32 PM
It works. You don't need the mover null to be a goal strictly speaking but it can produce interesting effects.

Boris Goreta
11-23-2013, 07:54 PM
I have a problem with agent alignment too. Look how agents are going down but are still aligned horizontaly.